Nerite snail eggs

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

If you try to remove Nerite eggs from the object they're attached to, it will almost certainly destroy them. Raising that species of Nerite is really tough because they don't hatch as snails but rather a swiming larvae, which requires significant plankton levels to feed them.

If you try to remove Nerite eggs from the object they're attached to, it will almost certainly destroy them. Raising that species of Nerite is really tough because they don't hatch as snails but rather a swiming larvae, which requires significant plankton levels to feed them.
Ahhh, thanks.
It was a passing fancy.
Im sure I dont need to set up a snail tank.
Saltwater is tempting though.

You could set up a brackish algae tank/ container and move rocks with eggs into it to hatch and grow up. Just get a 40-100 litre container and fill with brackish water (about 1/2 strength seawater) and add some plant fertiliser and an airline to blow bubbles in the water. Put it in a well lit area (outdoors in the sun or under artificial lighting) and let the water turn green. Then add a rock or ornament with the nerite eggs on. See what happens.

You could set up a brackish algae tank/ container and move rocks with eggs into it to hatch and grow up. Just get a 40-100 litre container and fill with brackish water (about 1/2 strength seawater) and add some plant fertiliser and an airline to blow bubbles in the water. Put it in a well lit area (outdoors in the sun or under artificial lighting) and let the water turn green. Then add a rock or ornament with the nerite eggs on. See what happens.
I wish they were on a rock I could move. Shes laying them right on the glass.
I will look for others in the morning.
Who knows, we may get baby Nerites

Put a heap of smooth rocks in there and hope she lays on them.

Do you have a male because I'm pretty sure they are separate sexes.

Put a heap of smooth rocks in there and hope she lays on them.

Do you have a male because I'm pretty sure they are separate sexes.
I am surprised she is laying eggs.
From what I understand you do need male and female and they need to be the same type of Nerite.
Having said that, she has bern alone in there a couple months.
I guess they can carry eggs for awhile

She will be producing sterile eggs if there's no male present. You could get her a boyfriend and try breeding them properly or just leave her to lay sterile eggs because she wants to become a mummy.

Most reactions

Back