Neons And Cardinals

ziouxpioux

Reaction score
Pardon me for reposting this question. I did last nite but it was at the end of a lot of replies and I think it got lost as I am unable to find it to see if anyone has answered. So here goes;

What is the main difference between neons and cardinals?
Which is the better for the community tank 125gal. ?
Will there be possibly less fin nipping from these little beauties if in larger schools and if so how many in the school is reccomended? I know they need to be at least 6 for happiness so to speak.

Tanks alot, Karen Campbell :crazy:

Pardon me for reposting this question. I did last nite but it was at the end of a lot of replies and I think it got lost as I am unable to find it to see if anyone has answered. So here goes;

Will there be possibly less fin nipping from these little beauties if in larger schools and if so how many in the school is reccomended? I know they need to be at least 6 for happiness so to speak.

Neons do not have the red line across the whole of their bodies. Cardinals have both the red line and the blue line the entore length of their bodies.

If you have a 125 gallon for them, I would get 100 (added over time, not all at once.)

Neons do not have the red line across the whole of their bodies. Cardinals have both the red line and the blue line the entore length of their bodies.

If you have a 125 gallon for them, I would get 100 (added over time, not all at once.)

I would get about 50

That would be a sight, 100 neon tetras! Neons have the red line half across their body, cardinals have a full red line, like drobbyb said.

Most reactions

Back