Neon Tetras

Greener

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Would Neon tetras go well with a) A betta or B) A black red tailed shark? Or would a Betta and a black red tailed shark get along?

you would think it would be ok for a betta to go with neons but my betta killed 2 neons and 1 guppy after an hour of going in the tank!but they all have different personalty as for a rtbs they might be ok together when the shark is young

betta's do go for neons, then if the red tailed shark isn't house it the proper tank he will get aggressive and start attacking other fish or even eating them.

The betta goes for the neons because they nip at him. Neons have been known to completely nip a betta's fins off.

i have a blue simese (nost spelt right) fighter (male) and i also have 3 neons in the tank with him i did have 4 but one got attacked ages ago we think from the fighter but we will never know apart from when he was dead the fighter did eat him i managed to save harf a fish but was to late im only a begginer and wouldnt really know much but if you do add a betta or fighter or something like that just beware that the odd fish will go missing

hope that helps

vanessa

Most reactions

Back