Neon dwarf rainbowfish

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fishyyyy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, I am looking at upgrading my current tank to a 120l 78cm long tank and will have a 600l/h filter

From my current tank 6 cherry barbs, 3 male guppies and 3 peppered corys will be going in. However I am looking at adding about 6 neon dwarf rainbow fish and a few more corys to up their numbers.

Would this be suitable or is that too much ?

Thank you.

If you do regular water changes, gravel clean the substrate, clean the filter once a month, and don't overfeed the fish, then you could add 6 neon rainbowfish (Melanotaenia praecox). However, you should check the GH first because the rainbowfish and guppies do best in water with a GH above 200ppm and a pH above 7.0

Male Melanotaenia praecox have red fins and tail, females have yellow or orange fins and tail. try to get 2 males and 4 females.

Okay thank you,

My water is above 200pm so that’s fine, that’s why I’m looking at rainbows. I was also thinking 2 male 4 females. If not neon dwarfs I’m thinking of blue eye fork tails
If you do regular water changes, gravel clean the substrate, clean the filter once a month, and don't overfeed the fish, then you could add 6 neon rainbowfish (Melanotaenia praecox). However, you should check the GH first because the rainbowfish and guppies do best in water with a GH above 200ppm and a pH above 7.0

Male Melanotaenia praecox have red fins and tail, females have yellow or orange fins and tail. try to get 2 males and 4 femal

Most reactions

Back