Need To Downsize Tanks

Greener

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have 2 bettas in a 5g divided, 1 in a 2.5 G, 1 in a 2 G and one in a 1G and then I have a 10G tetra tank and a 25G semi-aggressive tank. Well my parents are hounding on me to get rid of tanks so I figured I would at least look into trying to downsize without getting rid of any fish. So what I'm wondering is would it be ok to put a betta into my 25G tank because I know my tetra tank is out of the question if I want them to survive and my betta to have fins. In my 25 G tank there is 2 small angel fish I've had them about 2 weeks and they are less than 2 inch and then I have a gold gourami who is about 2.5 inch, a pleco who is about 6 inch and then an opaline gourami who is about 1.5 inch at the moment. I have a crown tail betta I was thinking of putting in or just one of my regular veil tail ones. Do you think they would get along? If they won't I guess my parents are just out of luck for the time being.

I tried gouramis and a betta once, before I knew better, the betta didn't survive. Maybe you can get another 10 gallon and divide it into 3 chambers for you males. Less tanks= happy parents

Divide the 2.5g and put the betta from the 1g in it then divide the 2g and get another betta. :hey:

I told my parents too bad, that either they let me buy another 10 G for 3 bettas or they let me have all my tanks and they won't let me buy anymore tanks but I do get to keep the ones I already have. I just have to eventually get rid of the 1 and 2 g tanks and most likely the 2.5, but that won't be for a long time as long as there aren't any sudden deaths (*knocks on wood*).

Most reactions

Back