Need Some Used Media Sponge To Put In My Tank

• Thread starter Deleted member 107737
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 107737

Does anyone have an old sponge media from their tank which they could give me or sell me???

Im starting my first aquarium and everyone keeps telling me to get somone to give you a bit of sponge from their estqablished tank and then put it into my tank.... squeeze out all the good bacteria......

I live in Nottinghamshire UK.

Can anyone help???

I can collect anytime.

Thanks guys,,

thanks for your help.

Ive e-mailed three people from the list.  Just hope they will reply to me.

Wish me luck.

Thanks

dave

If anyone else can offer me some sponge tank media which is wet and established I would be willing to collect from you to save travelling.

Kind regards,

Dave

Hey DrRob.  You can add me to that list... I'm in the Philadelphia, PA region in the US.  I'd be happy to offer some media to some folks, if they need it. In the US, the users on this forum are a bit more spread out, but if I can help, I'd be glad to.  ;)

That list has been on my to do list for a while. It's formatting is a mess and it needs updating. I'll get you on it eagle.

Beautiful...  I always have a few extra scraps of media in the filter, just in case.
wink.png

S. C. R. A. P. S. gets editted?  I guess that's why I've seen the word "scrud" so often recently.  lol  I thought it was a UK colloquialism.  
rofl.gif

Yeah, I still haven't worked that out yet. I suspect that it means something that I think it doesn't. I must be getting innocent in my old age.

Anyway, you're on the list now, not that it helps the OP much, but every little helps.

I think its because of the "C - R - A - P" being replaced with "CRUD".

Thanks.  Hopefully someone will take me up on it. ;)

Well at least something good has come out of this discussion. I still am looking for a voluntee to give me a piece of their established mature filter sponge, but im a patient person so in the mean time must get some work done.

brownd95 said:
Well at least something good has come out of this discussion. I still am looking for a voluntee to give me a piece of their established mature filter sponge, but im a patient person so in the mean time must get some work done.

Isnt someone else from that other well known forum sending you some? That should get you started!

Just added some more Bio/hoops/foam to my filters.

Give it a couple of weeks and you can put me on the list.

Most reactions

Back