Need Some Advice

Darren5591

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've had my tank set up for around a month now, I have a shoal of 6 zebra danio's and a shoal of 5 tetra's. I lost one of the danio's to "slime and velvet" Disease and have since treated the water. One thing I have noticed is that the danio's are starting to look a bit shabby, their fins look thinner and they have lost the look they used to have. I introduced the tetra's today, about 3 weeks after the danio's and it seems they aren't getting on with each other very well, I was under the impression that the communal fish were fine with each other? The tetra don't tend to shoal as much as the zebra and it is clear that the danio's appear scared of them.

Am I doing something wrong or is it just a case of letting the tetra get used to the new tank? Last thing I want is to lose my danio's as they do look rather nice.

Cheers, #43###

Hi guys,

I've had my tank set up for around a month now, I have a shoal of 6 zebra danio's and a shoal of 5 tetra's. I lost one of the danio's to "slime and velvet" Disease and have since treated the water. One thing I have noticed is that the danio's are starting to look a bit shabby, their fins look thinner and they have lost the look they used to have. I introduced the tetra's today, about 3 weeks after the danio's and it seems they aren't getting on with each other very well, I was under the impression that the communal fish were fine with each other? The tetra don't tend to shoal as much as the zebra and it is clear that the danio's appear scared of them.

Am I doing something wrong or is it just a case of letting the tetra get used to the new tank? Last thing I want is to lose my danio's as they do look rather nice.

Cheers, #43###
fish generally only shoal when under threat or feel stressed, so 1 way to look at it is that if they are not shoaling and arent in a corner stressed out they may be just fine..... they also will take a few days to get used to the new surroundings and home so dont expect too much too soon.

Most reactions

Back