Need Help Setting Up Tank With Substrate Fertilizer

MrNiceGuy

Fishaholic
Reaction score
The fertilizer bag said about 1 to 2 pounds per gallon. I used three 15 pound bags in a 55 gallon tank. I filled the tank up but the water is now very cloudy. I rinsed the gravel and fertilizers out, but i discovered its nearly impossible to really wash out substrate fertilizer completely.

Now I don't know what to do because I just bought 2 angelfish and a snakeskin gourami and i don't want to throw them into a cloudy as hell aquarium. By the way, this 55 gallon is an upgrade, so I have cycled filters and plenty of plants that i'll be moving over from my 20 gallon. help please! please help! any opinions on how to eliminate the clouds will be great.

and by the way, will the cloudiness kill the fish?

Little update: I threw the 2 angelfish and the snakeskin gourami into my 20 gallon long (which is already overcrowded).

I'm hoping to get this all worked out within the next day or two before world war 3 breaks out in the 20 gallon.

well test the water... see if the cloudiness is anything in particular. If not then, no cloudiness does not hurt fish. Wild fish often live in very cloudy water naturally.

Most reactions

Back