Need Help On Filter

scotlad

Reaction score
Ok i have a problem.
I bought a jewel vision tank a cpl of year ago.It has a external pump a big square box and 2 clear hoses .Anyway i have cleaned out the pump once before and it took me hours to get it to work.Well tonight i cleaned out tank and i was in 2minds whether to switch off the filter or not as i can remember the bother i had before.Well i did and now hours later i still cant get it to work.I lift up the black handle on filter and i pour the water in the pipe at top of tank till its coming out the top.Switch the pump and power on at same time it spews water out of the splash bar for about 20secs then stops.I have kinda worked out that iot is air locked but i have tried everything it just wont work.I really hope i someone has a tip to get this working as my fish will prob die i have the air pump on but the takn holds 55gallon so it needs a filter.

Sorry for the long speal but im desperate.
I wil log on when i get up and hopefully someone will have a solution :blush: :blush:

Not experienced with that filter in particular, but I would break it down slowly and then put it back together. Make sure all peices are locked into their slots, and the impeller is positioned correctly. Prime it with water and plug it in, and just keep adding water slowly until all the air has worked itself out. If this doesn't work, maybe a certain part needs replacing. Like I said break it down and examine the parts to see if they look correct.

Thanks for that i will recheck it.I was told i needed to pour water in the tube at the top then switch the plug and the handle on the filter all at the same time.I need two ppl here but as i says it works for a bout 20secs then it stops it is airlocked and im at a loss ;(

Thanks for that i will recheck it.I was told i needed to pour water in the tube at the top then switch the plug and the handle on the filter all at the same time.I need two ppl here but as i says it works for a bout 20secs then it stops it is airlocked and im at a loss ;(

do yo know the make of this "big square box" with 2 clear hoses?

Just checked its a rena filstar

visit here scroll down to the link till you find the link for instructions. it may help.

but a way that works with most cannisters is to ensure the "inlet" is below the water level, and suck on the outlet pipe till water comes through. then switch on the filter. you can lock off any taps you have, when the water comes through. this will give you time to switch on the filter.

visit here scroll down to the link till you find the link for instructions. it may help.

but a way that works with most cannisters is to ensure the "inlet" is below the water level, and suck on the outlet pipe till water comes through. then switch on the filter. you can lock off any taps you have, when the water comes through. this will give you time to switch on the filter.

Thanks matey very much appreciated ;)

Most reactions

Back