Need help deciding on a setup...

invid

Reaction score
I have a dilemma... I have a custom tank and want to plant it, but the tank is an odd shape and level. It is aprox. 22 gallons... 24 in. wide, 24 in. long, and 8.5 in. tall. I have it set up with bottom dwellers like catfish and plecos. It is at about waist level with a clear Lucite top and lighting from one side, so you look down into it not from the sides. It's kind of like looking into a stream. My problem is putting plants in that don't grow too tall. Maybe something that can carpet well on top of bog-wood and then maybe some taller plants sloping up in the corners. What should I do? I only have about 1.5 in. of gravel to work with here, so I need something that doesn't need too much room to root. One last thing... I'm a newb with live plants, so I need something fairly hardy. I'm a quick learner... I promise :D

Hi,

I'm soon to be setting up an even smaller planted tank (16" x 8" x 8").

I haven't done all my research yet, but I will probably use Riccia. Its a floating plant, but there is a sticky at the top that tells you how to hold it down on rocks/wood. I've already successfully used riccia in my main tank.

You could look at dwarf saggitaria, hair grass, clovers....but I'm not sure what light requirements these have.

Sam

Most reactions

Back