Need advice

A-n-d-y

Reaction score
I just brought some plants for my tank , and one is potted ..do i remove the pot?

Also do i need to give anything to the plants to keep them healthy and if so , how often?

Thanks

Thanks , how long can i leave the plants without giving them food? also at the moment i have 3 golden barbs ...how often and how much do i feed them as they seem quite greedy

Depending on what Plant it is, You will eventually have to remove it from the pot. The roots will become pot bound and that's not a good thing.

Your barbs should be fed once or twice a day but make sure you don't over-feed as left over food and the increased waste the fish will produce might harm your water quality as it rots in the tank. If your tank is new (less than 2 months old) and you didn't fishless cycle before adding fish, you need to make sure you feed as little as possible - just once a day and a small amount - until the tank is more mature and stable. Make sure you test your water regularly and keep up with water changes and gravel vacuums.

Most reactions

Back