NEED ADVICE!!!!!!!!!

mikem499

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I just got a new 55 gal tank and would like to try it as a planted tank. I would like to transfer my mollys to it. I need some advice on how to start from the ground up( light-gravel). I want some plants that can handle a little salt in the water to. Any help would be great, Thanks.

mikem499,
Rose did us all a huge favor by posting this thread to lead beginners in the right directions. You should get everything you need to start a new planted tank from that thread. Read on and absorb the knowledge!
As for brackish water, there are very few plants that would survive in brackish water. Unless you can get mangrove, I wouldn't recommend trying it at all. HTH.
BTW, I think you shouldn't write your topic line in all CAPS and end it with several !'s, unless there was an emergency. Even then, 3 !'s are enough ;) .

Thanks, the links are great. I guess I was also looking for a little insight from some one that might have a planted tank with mollys in them. I still need some advice on filtration I.E. a power filter or a canister. Also sorry about the caps but the wife is telling me to get the tank set up and out of her way-so there is the urgency. :D

I don't know where you are at but I have found that canisters are the way to go with planted tanks. I use Rena Filstar XP2 on my bigger tanks. hope that helps a little.

Well this is how it turned out.

Attachments

• fish_1.jpg
    fish_1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 64
thanks I am still in the starting stage and will report all the details as the fish and plants grow.

Most reactions

Back