Need A Large Clown Loach

Sean W.

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Setting up a 120 gallon oscar tank and I want to keep some clown loaches with the oscar. I'm going to get a young oscar ( 4" ) and I want to get a few clown loaches that are bigger than that, I was thinking a 6 inch or bigger clown loch to start. I just want a clown loach that is bigger then the oscar to start.

I'm having a real hard time finding one. I also need to know how much a 6" clown loach would cost ( US currency ).

Thanks for any help.

in the uk you can buy 3 for 20 just about anywhere .... so with the reccesion it probably something like 20 dollars for 3 :D

these loaches are about 5 inches

I have only seen full grown Clown Loaches, 9in+, for sale once. I think they were $15-20 a piece... not cheap for fish that like groups.

Even 3" clown loaches are around $8 around here. I've never seen a clown loach over 5" here in Wisconsin, it's kind of irritating. I'd love to find some larger clowns, since their mortality rate isn't quite so high.

My lfs had 3 or 4 8" clown loaches a couple months back. I think they were selling them for around $25.

Most reactions

Back