Nannacara Anomala Male Agression

mattcrowde2

Reaction score
i have a male and a female in a 3ft tank with plenty of caves and hiding places. The male seems to be really bullying the female, constantly chasing and nipping her, but she and the male are both displaying breeding colours. is this normal?? should i do anything to stop this? thanks

i would think thats pretty much normal and should be fine as long as she doesnt have any damage on her...the males will usually constantly chase until the female shows interest back and if the female is in breeding colours thats usually a good sign

i would think thats pretty much normal and should be fine as long as she doesnt have any damage on her...the males will usually constantly chase until the female shows interest back and if the female is in breeding colours thats usually a good sign

she does have damaged fins, where he has nipped at her.. and there is no breeding yet just chasing and fin flaring. Can i induce the breeding in any way??

do you know if they were tank-raised or wild caught because your water hardness may have an effect on them breeding? feeding bloodworms should help

do you know if they were tank-raised or wild caught because your water hardness may have an effect on them breeding? feeding bloodworms should help
they were tank bred and raised, i bought them off a friend who had bred them. Ok il try that

Most reactions

Back