Names!?!??!

Mollie*fish*lover

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
ok i got a preg female guppy last night and shes haveing babys right now and i am hopeing every thing is going ok! but i need a name for her can you think of some names for her?

I made a reply about another person wanting people to suggest names for their guppie... I suggest you to name the female guppy on her actions and way of living and her attitude. Rosie-Angel-SazzaFrazz<--- :lol: These are ideas but I suggest you to decide on your experiance with the fish... :) Pretty cool my mollie had babies on the same day your guppies had hers :p :thumbs: Wish you the best...

magnamon00 said:
how do u tell if its a female or male or if its preg or not???
Females have cupped tails and they have a black spot on their belly and as the black spot gets bigger so will the belly. They're also larger than the males.

Males have large long tails they have way more color and are smaller than the female and don't have that blackspot. They chose the females around... :thumbs:

what does she look like......is she just a plain female guppy.....greyishblack and white? Faze, Campino.....i dunno....timbit :D i need 2 know the fish first usually to make up a name for it.......mines name is Kiwi cuz her tail is yellow with black flecks and kinda looks like a golden kiwi :thumbs:

canis_lupus said:
what does she look like......is she just a plain female guppy.....greyishblack and white? Faze, Campino.....i dunno....timbit :D i need 2 know the fish first usually to make up a name for it.......mines name is Kiwi cuz her tail is yellow with black flecks and kinda looks like a golden kiwi :thumbs:
shes brownish with blue on her tail! :D

Females have cupped tails and they have a black spot on their belly and as the black spot gets bigger so will the belly. They're also larger than the males.
Males have large long tails they have way more color and are smaller than the female and don't have that blackspot. They chose the females around...

The females lower back fin (not the tail) is shaped like a fan and for the males this fin is pointed.

I dont go with allusive life because males can have black spots to but what i think she was saying is that right behind there belly is a black spot.This sometimes cannot be seen if your guppy is a full color and not the silver see through kind of color.THe tails part is sometimes true but sometimes not tending on the breed of guppy but the tail is generally bigger.Males also can have black spots if it is part of there natural color.

The best and most positive thig to go with is my first paragraph.Hope it helps evryone! :fish: :fish: :fish:

Most reactions

Back