IMG_20240803_004656.jpg

IMG_20240803_004618.jpg
IMG_20240803_004618.jpg
IMG_20240803_004649.jpg
IMG_20240803_004647.jpg
IMG_20240803_004654.jpg
IMG_20240803_004656.jpg

Skipper.

Because his fin pattern is "butterfly", and skippers are a type of very cute little butterflies.
Aaaww, that's so cute! I was wondering what 'type' of betta he was.. is that because of the colours? Or the fin shape? Both? :D

I love it because it fits... but my dad's Scarlet Macaw was named Skipper! I think this is one reason I'm bad at naming new pets. Couldn't re-use names they'd used for their pets, they'd had a lot of them! So my first 2-3 choices were always ruled out!

@Naughts Now you can see him! Do you still think Levi?

Something dignified — Azureus (Latin adjective for something that's a deep vivid blue color)
Something whimsical — Moonbow (for his pale fin halo. it looks like a moonbow in a dark night sky)

Oh no! I love all of these names! He might wind up with an octuple-barrelled name!

Aaaww, that's so cute! I was wondering what 'type' of betta he was.. is that because of the colours? Or the fin shape? Both? :D

I love it because it fits... but my dad's Scarlet Macaw was named Skipper! I think this is one reason I'm bad at naming new pets. Couldn't re-use names they'd used for their pets, they'd had a lot of them! So my first 2-3 choices were always ruled out!

@Naughts Now you can see him! Do you still think Levi?
Because of the color pattern, the two tone pattern is called "butterfly".

Fin shape, looks like a half moon.

I can be just as fussy over choosing names. I don't like reusing names or using names someone close to me has used.

So by that, Skipper, is out haha

His tank set up isn't complete, I'll be looking for a better betta tank with a decent light so he can have live plants!

But since we have to use fake for now, he has a cute little building and bridge. ☺️ All of my tanks from my first one have been natural materials only. But I've wanted to make a tank that mixes some fake stuff with real, and a betta tank seems the perfect chance. 😉

He does have some soft fake plants I suction cupped to the side at the top, and some riccia fluitans since I have plenty to spare. I know from experience that the light on this tank can't even keep floating plants alive. But he has 12.5g all to himself while I hunt for the perfect home. Planning a mixed substrate, and have a huge tall crypt in another tank that's due for splitting off some 🙂
IMG_20240803_004751.jpg
IMG_20240803_004740.jpg

Little Boy Blue or just Blue

Little Boy Blue

BY MOTHER GOOSE
Little boy blue,
Come blow your horn,
The sheep's in the meadow,
The cow's in the corn.
But where is the boy
Who looks after the sheep?
He's under a java moss,