Mystery of the disappearing fish whose the Culprit

Nick4881

Reaction score
hi guys...
Ive had my older tank for nearly four years.. The surviving fish are 2 reasonable size "clown loaches", two "Neons"/two "Glow Lights", 2 "Peppered Catfish", a Large Plec and one 4-5 inch "Black Ghost Knife"... now over the past year ive been buying simple fish such as Neons, glow lights, blue shrimp and small frogs etc. trouble is that these new additions have begun to disappear over night...

could anyone help me out with some information about who the most likely culprit is, and why?? ive recently treated myself to a new 35/40 gallon tank and i dont want the murder mystery to continue here..

could it be that the old tank was to small? ive been told mixed information about clown loaches, some say that they are peaceful community fish, others say that they can be quite territorial?? and i have heard similar info about the Knife..

i would be really grateful if someone could shed some light on my mystery....

Nick :/

Clowns are peaceful with fish of similar size but as they get bigger a tiny little neon makes a tasty snack :/

Either the BGK (a predatory fish) or something wrong with the aquarium environment thats killing fish not used to it.

None of the other fish are goiing to cause any problems...

Thanks Guys, i had a feeling it maybe a combination of the clowns who are a fair size now and the Black Knife......

Any suggestions on some fun fish with personality which may liven up my tank with out eating half the population??????

i'm not sure what specific fish to recommend, but here's a tip: almost all fish will eat anything they can fit in their mouths! (you know: fry, neons, shrimps...)

They were in my new 35 Gallon tank, but i have since moved the loaches back to my old tank.... Which i would say is about 20 gallons..

Most reactions

Back