My Zebras harassing my Otocinlus

Jerry Sem

Reaction score
My Zebras Danios are harassing my Otocinlus Cats. Granted, I just added my Otocinlus Cats (6) yesterday along with some Cardinal Tetras. The 11 Zebras have been the lone population and the only show in town for about 5 weeks and might not like their new tank mates ... YET. They're not bothering the Cardinals (16), jut my Otocinlus Cats. Will my Zebbas on steroids ever chill, or haven't I given them enough time .... thanx Jerry

This is understandable because the danios are upper level fish, and now the otos have "invaded" their area. Otos can be picked on by many fish...I had to remove a group of pencilfish for this reason. With a heavy cover of substantial floating plants, the otos might find sufficient refuge from the danios, as the latter should not be over-protective like some fish can be.

Another possibility could be to increase the flow in the tank. Both otos and zebra danios like faster water. A bored zebra always gets up to mischief.

Another possibility could be to increase the flow in the tank. Both otos and zebra danios like faster water. A bored zebra always gets up to mischief.
I have an Aqua Clear 110, on low flow, I'll move the slider over to max. I know Zebras love to "shoot the waves" but I noticed the Otos love it too. And by the way. My Zebras have mellowed a bit on their new tank mates too.

Most reactions

Back