My Visit To Sharm El Sheikh

SimoUK

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey guys

Well i got back from Sharm El Sheikh last night.

And despite the recent shark attacks decided to go snorkelling in the red sea, granted the water over the corals was only around 2 metres deep, it still worried me a little xD. This is the first time I had ever got to look at saltwater fish in their wild form. And it was awesome, their were tons of fish down their shooting around, some swam right up to your face and stomach to get a look at you. I personally dont own a salt water tank but it really inspired , and in the near future im planning on setting one up. I wish I had had an underwater camera to take some pics xD. Will hopefully be doing a scuba diving course this year as well, and be able to get an even better look at them next time. :)

Simo

Yeah i remember seeing that post :)

It is a great area for sea-life, diddnt do the actual scuba-diving which is what i have promised myself i will do next time! :)

Yeah i remember seeing that post :)

It is a great area for sea-life, diddnt do the actual scuba-diving which is what i have promised myself i will do next time! :)

I recommend the Scuba Diving very much. It's like snorkelling but you feel like your part of the reef becasue your down there within the shoals and corals.

James.

Hi .. You really need to dive sharm .. Iv'e done about 60 dives in the red sea and its amazing .. you can just bumble along and take in the wonders it has to offer . my personal fav is the clown fish stunning..
was going to set up a red sea tank .. then got other stuff . so its a mental mix ..

when i get the upload thing sorted for pics . i'll post a couple

RED SEA IS AMAZING

Agreed I've dived a couple of different places and sharm is definetly one of my favourites. If you do plan to Scuba Dive in egypt or any similar country. I would do your training in Britian first. It's cold and it's dark but countries like UK and USA have more of a duty of care to customers than the likes of eygpt,thailand,turkey so the training is a lot better imho.

As for the shark attacks they are extremely rare, your more likely to get struck by lightning and most of the divers I know do pretty much anything to see/attract a shark short of chumming the water.

Another common miss conception with sharks is that human blood will send them into a feeding frenzy it won't. This was tested by a group of divers that went down into shark infested water with blood packs of there own blood and punctured them to see if they would attract the sharks. The sharks where disinterested.

My problem is my favourite marine aquatics are giant sea turtles and dolphins :wub: and i don't think i could get either in a 6x2x2 :crazy:

diving is by far the best way of seeing the fish. My best dive ever was in the "Aquarium" at Jacksons reef. It really was out of this world. you learn so much from diving that you can relate to this hobby - but remember the only thing you take away is your memories (and photos) leave everything for someone else to enjoy
rolleyes.gif

Nahh, you can get good first time training over in Sharm. A company called Ocean College are very good at this, mostly run by Brits with a few Egyptians and I think they have a South African involved. Great people, great training :good:

James.

As a divemaster i totaly agree with what the other divers are recomending .. I have always dived with ocean collage and yes they are very good. But i would highly recomed diving Britian ,If you can handle diving the north sea in a dry suit .. Diving the warm waters of the Red Sea is a breeeeeze. And yes i would agree that the training in britian is of a higher and more diverse than Egypt due to the colder dive conditions.

The bottom line is get to the Red Sea ,,, get wet ,,, and see the wonders of what we have in our tanks in their own envioroment .. SUPERBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Nahh, you can get good first time training over in Sharm. A company called Ocean College are very good at this, mostly run by Brits with a few Egyptians and I think they have a South African involved. Great people, great training :good:

James.

Not saying you can't get good training there, but you can also get terrible training there also. I'm not going to go into specifics but i've seen people advised things that where wrong to Down right dangerous.

Most reactions

Back