My Tetra Neons Are Fading!

djceri_g

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
:shout: Whats going on? two of my neons are fading and one of them seens to have a problem with his back tail! Seens to have collapsed! I'm worried about my other fish, will it bring them harm? I have Discus and have recently wormed.

NitrAte 0.5
Nitrite 0
Ammonia 0
Ph 6.9
Temp 29 degrees C

Could it be because of the high temp

:good:

How long have they been faded does the red stripe look bleached out.
Have they left the shoal are they restless.
Do the swim in a odd way, any lumps on the belly that go to a point.
Any black linning around the red stripe area.
Have they lost weight or a bent spine.

How long have they been faded does the red stripe look bleached out.
Have they left the shoal are they restless.
Do the swim in a odd way, any lumps on the belly that go to a point.
Any black linning around the red stripe area.
Have they lost weight or a bent spine.
They all seem to be swimming together. Have faded in the last 2 weeks and the red looks bleached out. Maybey the one with the cllapsed tail seems to have a bent spine! Cant look for a black lining at the mo as I have just switched the lights off. Thanks

Yes i'm afraid so.
To be honest I've dealt with this ntd, wish I just destroyed the neons at the time, lost all the tank.
I would destroy all the neons sounds awful but they will just die one by one showing different systoms,

Yes i'm afraid so.
To be honest I've dealt with this ntd, wish I just destroyed the neons at the time, lost all the tank.
I would destroy all the neons sounds awful but they will just die one by one showing different systoms,
How do I do this? Iy sounds awfull! What about Congo tetra? Im worrkied for my Discus!

mine fadded when its near night and then when u switch the light on they are faded but in about hour its bright and shinny

mine fadded when its near night and then when u switch the light on they are faded but in about hour its bright and shinny
Yes, but mine fade in blotches on the tail. Then get curved spine!

Wouldnt believe what the waterlife meds say there no cure for ntd.
Yes neons can fade at night but this was ntd with the bent spine and the white blothces.
Isn't false ntd either saddleback columnaris as that dosn't bend spines, and the white should of of llooked fluffy.

I have been lucky with my neons but once they have a bent spine like Wilder said it is cull those wuick to save the rest of the stock. I would also recommend a hospital tank for the others. It maybe the discus are not for them

I have been lucky with my neons but once they have a bent spine like Wilder said it is cull those wuick to save the rest of the stock. I would also recommend a hospital tank for the others. It maybe the discus are not for them
never will I buy neons again, will get carnidalls next time. I did have a hospital tank but it broke!! Have just wought a new community tank and after cycled this one I have now will do as a hospital/grow out tank. I have ordered protozin, maybey it will reduce the spread of disease

Most reactions

Back