My Tetra hasn’t been doing to well and I don’t know what’s up

Fishies4Ever

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Recently I noticed my red and yellow von rio tetra hasn’t been doing to well. He has been swimming in an upward motion but doesn’t seem to get any height. He also has a brown or red spot on his left side close to his fin. I’m not sure if it might be an infection and if so what should I do about it. I could just be worried though. I can’t figure out how to insert a video from my iPhone if someone can tell me how I’ll post a video of him swimming

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 30
Upload videos to YouTube, then copy & paste the link here.

Is the fish still eating well?
What does its poop look like?

How many of those particular fish do you have?
They are schooling fish and need to be kept in groups of 10 or more. Don't buy anymore until we work out what is wrong.

If the fish sinks when it stops swimming, then it has an internal problem (probably swim bladder) and should be euthanised. However, post a video before you do anything.

Recently I noticed my red and yellow von rio tetra hasn’t been doing to well. He has been swimming in an upward motion but doesn’t seem to get any height. He also has a brown or red spot on his left side close to his fin. I’m not sure if it might be an infection and if so what should I do about it. I could just be worried though. I can’t figure out how to insert a video from my iPhone if someone can tell me how I’ll post a video of him swimming
Hello. Sounds like it's time for a little larger than normal water change. Most of the time, a larger water change is all that's needed to perk up the fish.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Here is a video. I tried showing the other fish as well just to show how he continuously swims unlike all the other fish.
I am not sure if this worked or not

Hello. Sounds like it's time for a little larger than normal water change. Most of the time, a larger water change is all that's needed to perk up the fish.

10 Tanks (Now 11)
Thank you for the tip I just did a water change so I am hoping it might help a bit.

I just fed him and he was able to get up to the top and looked like he might have been eating but it was had to tell. There are two other von rio tetras in there with a lot of other tetras. The tank is overstocked do to a cross country move and I am thinking about getting a second tank to spread them out a bit more.

It has a swim bladder problem. The fish sinks to the bottom when it stops swimming. They keep swimming in an attempt to stay in the water column with the other fish and eventually burn out. There's no cure so euthanise it. You can wrap it in a paper towel and hit it on the head with something solid. Or put it in a small container of water and add some clove oil.

Most reactions

Back