My Tank So Far

mic8310

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Not the best picture as it was taken with the phone but im impressed so far (simple pleasures simple minds an all that :D )

The first night in its new home

IMG00297.jpg

Then the next day or so later :D

IMG00351.jpg

smack opposite the sofa :)

*note temporary complex cupboard door lock, pm for details* :D

You started the fishless cycle yet or are you cloning another tank

Looks nice but i feel something in the midel is needed maybe some bogwood

You started the fishless cycle yet or are you cloning another tank

Looks nice but i feel something in the midel is needed maybe some bogwood

Just started it today :)

Ive seen a really really cool ornimant thing i want for the middle, was thinkin of having rocks around the filter and some bog wood on the left with a few more of them plants which i might run across the whole of the back. havent quite decided on that bit and will probably change my mind tomorrow :D

I can sell you a lovely Thunderbolt ornament. 25" long, 12.5" deep, 11.5" tall.

IMG_1672-1.jpg

Now I've re-arranged the tank (it is now my girly Betta tank), I have no use for it.

It cost over £50 new + postage.

I'll post it for £35 :good:

Fork not included :p

Now I've re-arranged the tank (it is now my girly Betta tank), I have no use for it.

Thanks for the offer, its actually a 3 peice sunken ship that i have my eyes on and have asked santa for :) but that is very nice. Is a lovely fork too, pity thats not included :D

Should have included the fork in the deal, that might have swung it... :lol:

Thanks for the offer, its actually a 3 peice sunken ship that i have my eyes on and have asked santa for :) but that is very nice. Is a lovely fork too, pity thats not included :D

HI, not being a fan of these type of decorations I would just like to add something here :shifty: Think very carefully before laying out big money for that ship thing (I have seen it in my lfs) Many fishkeepers, if they are honest, have at the begining of their hobby been lured to various coloured gravels and decorations only to later on change to something more natural and in keeping with their chosen fish. This is a money-loosing event.

I suspect this is why Smeggy is selling his 'fetching' ornament (No, it IS nice if you like that sort of thing, honest, no offence there!)

One last observation being a sand person myself, you may just want to back-off the sand a bit from the front where it comes up to the glass otherwise you will get black forming there :good:

HI, not being a fan of these type of decorations I would just like to add something here :shifty: Think very carefully before laying out big money for that ship thing (I have seen it in my lfs) Many fishkeepers, if they are honest, have at the begining of their hobby been lured to various coloured gravels and decorations only to later on change to something more natural and in keeping with their chosen fish. This is a money-loosing event.

I suspect this is why Smeggy is selling his 'fetching' ornament (No, it IS nice if you like that sort of thing, honest, no offence there!)

One last observation being a sand person myself, you may just want to back-off the sand a bit from the front where it comes up to the glass otherwise you will get black forming there :good:

Is a fair point, ive been having a rething already and tbh santa will only expect me to drive to the LFS and choose one with the money he leaves anyway ;)

Noted about the sand in the tank, i originally scattered a thin blue layer of gravel on top of the sand but decided i didnt like it hence the sand not being level as its where i spent hours picking the gravel back up :D will have a fiddle with it tomorrow as im at work now.

Hi, mic8310,
It's a lovely-looking tank so far, congrats!
Honestly, I think your original idea of more plants, some bogwood and rocks can't be beaten, both from the perspective of aesthetics and of the health and comfort of your fish.
Plants actively improve water conditions, and they, like bogwood and rocks, provide not only piscine shelter and reassurance, but 'rough' surfaces for increased numbers of beneficial bacteria (which don't do well on plastic,) as well as other tiny organisms some of your prospective aquarium inhabitants may enjoy nibbling on.
Hope to see more pics as you go?

I am going to have to agree with doresy on this one on both points. The decorations always seem like a good idea when you first get a tank, but most people decide that a natural look would better suite the tank. I also agree with the sand comment as well, as if you have too much sand up in the front you will get discolored sand in the lower level. Tank looks great so far though!

2 days after using ammonia and no drop yet. But i have backed the sand up so theres not as much in the front :)

thanks for all the comments so far :D

Quick update :D

Still not processing ammonia within 12 hours so not ready for fish yet but its filling up with other bits!

I've now lined the back with plants and hope they will all grow to the top of the water level. I ended up with a small 'plane wreck rather than the large ship thingy which is a nice size and have added some wood which still wants to float so is being held down by the plane! When its ready I turn it round cos its got a cave on the other side and put it next to the plane. I plan on getting some pebbles to place around the filterbox then its done..... For now!

Pic taken on phone so not great but it'll do for now :)

utf-8BSU1HMDA0MzcuanBn.jpg

Most reactions

Back