My Tank Reno Of Sorts

Darkerwhite2

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I just relocated some of my plants in My 15 gal tank and turned the whole thing around. IMO it looks alot better now, im looking for some input.

Info on tank
15Gal us
Lighting:15w flourecent
Substrate: 1/2 Pea size gravel
Ferts: Flourish root tabs, flourish exel, flourish
Fish: 4 white cloud minnows, 5 Platty fry (about 2 month old, temp), 2 Rasbora, 2 amano Shrimp
Plants: Hygrophilia polysperm, Anubius nana, Vallisera spirals (sp?), Hygrophlia corybosa (?)

Here is a before picture (nov 2006ish)

DSCN3476-1.jpg

And another
DSCN3477.jpg

Here is a couple after the reno and such...

plantedtank2.jpg

you can see how the fry have grown
plantedtank3.jpg

plantedtank4.jpg

Vallisera spirals (i didnt add any more, they sprouted like mad)
Vallsiriaspirals.jpg

Hygrophilia Polysperm
HygrophiliaPolysperm.jpg

Hygrophilia Corybosa (i think thats the name)
HygrophiliaCoryboma.jpg

Let me know what you think
Im planning on planting some more anubuis nana in the front section and onto the bogwood hopefully

It does look much nicer :) BTW are those anubias plants I see in there? (Could be swords come to think about it) If so they will rot if left in the substrate, best to take them out and attach them with cotton to the wood.

Sam

BTW are those anubias plants I see in there? (Could be swords come to think about it) If so they will rot if left in the substrate, best to take them out and attach them with cotton to the wood.

Sam

They'll be ok as long as i keeo their rhizomes out of the gravel i have to lower roots holding them in bu i keep the rhizomes out
But thanks

looks ace, i wouldnt put as much gravel in, but its your choice.lovely plants though, the bogwood looks good too

Ya... ive had a ton of trouble try to keep that wood sunk. i picked from my cabin months ago and soaked it for about a month in a bucket and boiled it and such and it still wouldnt stay down... it still floats a bit. thats y there is so much gravel also i was originally going to make this tank a crab tank using tall hills of and half full tank. Changed my mind but took most the gavel out. There was enough to cover the bottom of my 55gal tank. thats were it came from originally when i bought it.

Glad you like it im still not quite satisfied though :(

Most reactions

Back