My Tank Is Leaking From The Bottom!

marieukxx

Fish Herder
Reaction score
My 60L is leaking all along the bottom. I noticed today it's very slowly seeping out all the way along the bottom where it sits on the stand. It's only visile along the front, not at the sides or back.

2011-12-04193903.jpg

What can I do?

you proberly have 2 options

1) get some sealent to seal the leak

2)get a new tank

others may have better answers :)

It's your worst nightmare. You'll have to take everything out and either repair or replace it.
crazy.gif
Sorry for the bad news!

Oh #63###!!! What would happen if I left it?
the pressure of the water may make it give way and then ull loose all of ur water and have flopping fish

It's your worst nightmare. You'll have to take everything out and either repair or replace it.
crazy.gif
Sorry for the bad news!

+1

also can i say ur pic of ur snail looks like to me an insect with jet engeins either side of it lol

I know ... weird, isn't it?
yeh lol

best way to repair is to remove all the sealant and apply a fresh one, for the hassle of doing it on 60L i would buy a new tank but depends if you have cash this time of year

+1

yep drain your tank to reduce the pressure for a start (if you can take it down to half or 1/3 that would be good.

Even better, do you have any large fish safe containers? (big plastic buckets/toy/storage boxes etc. anything that will hold your tank contents (fish/equipment etc.)?

If so, set up a temporary home for the fish, strip down yor tank, strip off the seal where the leak is and re-seal (or if your as paranoid as me; get a new tank.

Are you sure its leaking? I was sure my used 90g was leaking when I first filled it up... There was water along the edges like that and big black pooling marks under the glass that looked like water pools in between the glass and stand. Turns out I'm just a horrible w/c'er and always end up getting water eveywhere. :lol:

But if it is a leak you will have to take it all down and reseal. :no:

Are you sure its leaking? I was sure my used 90g was leaking when I first filled it up... There was water along the edges like that and big black pooling marks under the glass that looked like water pools in between the glass and stand. Turns out I'm just a horrible w/c'er and always end up getting water eveywhere. :lol:

well I did clean it on Friday and have only just noticed this. I know when I've spilled water in my smaller tanks it's leaked underneath and continued seeping out.

I don't know, tbh I am soooooo annoyed right now about this. I love that tank :-(

well I did clean it on Friday and have only just noticed this. I know when I've spilled water in my smaller tanks it's leaked underneath and continued seeping out.

I don't know, tbh I am soooooo annoyed right now about this. I love that tank :-(

Get some paper towel and tuck the edge between the stand and base of tank to soak up the water then leave it a few hours, if the waters back you have a leak..if not the water as probably run down the outside of the tank during your w/c

If its a leak personally I'd get a new tank if u can afford it this time of year if it don't seal properly the pressure will break it

Most reactions

Back