My Tank And Fish

onebto

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hello Everyone I hope you are well :good: I have had my current tank for about 10 months now its A Juwel vision I removed the internal filter and the filtration is covered by two external Canisters it has two heaters, two Korrila nano power heads, and a Co2 unit. The Lights are standard T5's that come with the Tank I run them for six and half hours and then a set of blue neon Lights take over for a couple of hours in the evening the substrate is a fine pea gravel I got fed up with sand.

It occurred to me that I am a big fan of members aquarium pictures and often find myself asking new people to post there tanks and there contents, but have not shared any of my pictures of late.

I am still in the process of saving for a decent DSLR so these pictures are from our Samsung NV10 Automatic camera I have been endlessly playing with the settings after advice from members here on the forum and other posts on here, the pictures are okay but not brilliant I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy looking at yours.

The tank:

SNC11538.jpg

SNC11529.jpg

SNC11530.jpg

I am a huge Clown Loach fan and I will post some pictures later in this post but for now here are some pictures of some of my zebra and YoYo loaches, both interesting species of loach, but I find them lacking in the amazing character of the Clown's, not to say they do not have a character but the thing I love about them is the fascinating colourings and markings.

SNC11089.jpg

SNC11547.jpg

SNC11582.jpg

SNC11599.jpg

SNC11631.jpg

SNC11630.jpg

Panda Cory these are Fantastic little characters one minute quietly grazing the surface with there buddies the next raising round like complete nutters any ways here is one of the 8 that I have.

SNC11627.jpg

Tetras I have a few species and will post others as I grab decent shots of them however here is a couple of pictures of some of my Glow light Tetra These actual guys are from when I started with my very first tank.

SNC11637.jpg

SNC11635.jpg

I have a few rainbow fish in my Tank they come from a friends parents tank basically a rescue they had to put the poor guy into a nursing home and they would not allow him to have a tank in his room my friend asked me if I could help as it was something he was not into. The tank was in a really bad state when I went round to recover them, I recovered 9 with the intention of finding homes for some or all of them as after some reading I discovered some of them could get quite big but unfortunately some died in my Quarantine tank. Well the guys that survived appear to be doing well I must say there colours in the early morning and sometimes in the evening are Breath taking, but they are greedy so and so's.

SNC11609.jpg

This picture I am very proud of as I hit the button as he or she flexed or yawned for lack of a better word.

SNC11629.jpg

SNC11513.jpg

SNC11110.jpg

Okay some Clown Loach now :good:

This is Dotty I will leave you to work out why :lol:

SNC11546.jpg

Trigger he spends a lot of time in the caves but always at the front to keep an eye out probably because he is waiting to see food which he is always first to.

SNC11545.jpg

They love there Cucumber From Left to Wright Eddy, Agamemnon, Ginshin, Winston and Maggie.

SNC11470.jpg

This is Sophie and she is almost always found with this Zebra loach :wub:

SNC11633.jpg

SNC11617.jpg

Well I hope you like them I have not adjusted the pictures with anything like Adobe CS and I hope to improve the quality of the pictures I take in the future.

Regards onebto.

Really good pics, love the rainbows and hats off to you for rescuing them. The tank looks really, really good.

Lovely lovely tank. Looks very active and great fun for the fish!
Love zebra loaches, esp their rudolph noses :rolleyes:

Beautiful group of rainbows too, those Boesmanni's are gorgeous :)

Skittles

Thank you both :)

I have got two of the Bosemani the one shown and also another I call chunk he is the greediest fish I have ever had hence the name as mentioned I have thought of re homing them but Chunk I think is getting on a bit the other i think is not to far behind if size is anything to go by and I do not want to stress them any more than can be helped, they are happy enough or appear to be in my tank so I think I will leave them be for the time being :good: .

Regards onebto.

great looking tank!

there are a couple of non aquatic plants in there, the one on the far right with the red outline on the leaf and i'm 90% sure the one on the far left is a spyder plant. I only say 90% as it could be a sword as the light is hitting it.

great looking tank!

there are a couple of non aquatic plants in there, the one on the far right with the red outline on the leaf and i'm 90% sure the one on the far left is a spyder plant. I only say 90% as it could be a sword as the light is hitting it.

Thanks for pointing that out :good: the one on the right does seem to be doing quite poorly

SNC11646.jpg

As for the left

SNC11645.jpg

I am sure its a sword there are actually two of them and doing okay but I maybe wrong as I am not very knowledgeable with the plant side of things, I think I may evict the right one though.

Question non aquatic plants do they have any negatives that will effect the water and there for the fish?

Sorry, but they are both none aquatic. They will survive for a short while, however they will soon start to rot and leach ammonia into the water column, and we all know ammonia spikes can lead to algae.

the types of plant you have are Dracena compacta and i'm sure the red tipped one is a kind of caladium, either way they won't last long.

Well done :good:
Its been a pleasure to look at.

Skins.

Lovely, healthy looking tank :good:

I`d be concerned about those non-aquatic plants though :look:

oh gorgeous tank, looks really healthy, defo thumbs up on this one.

Thanks for the kind remarks and do not worry the non aquatic plants came out about 5 seconds after I read Ianho's conformation they were non aquatic.

I must say I am a little miffed that a shop is selling non aquatic plants :blink:

LFS strike again :unsure: :lol:

Regards onebto.

Lovely pictures mate and a very nice looking tank, I like those loaches you have, I could pull up a chair and sit there a while, stick the kettle on mate :good:

Most reactions

Back