4 neon tetras

2 neon dwarf gouramis

1 gold gourami

2 Rummy nose tetra

---------------------------

All in my 35 liter tank

---------------------------

Feel free to comment as you wish :D

Your quite heavily overstocked. Your tank is aprox 9 US gallons so you should be aiming at around 9" of adult sized fish. You've got around 25" of fish in there at the min at a rough estimate

What filtration does the tank have?
is it a new tank? established tank?

Andy

i asked the guy at the shop and he said it was ok,

it has an elite stingray filter, looking to buy a new one tho

it is a new tank, will built in light ect

Do you know about cycling? and I dont mean what shop tell you about it because I could almost guarantee it would be wrong lol

Have a read of these topics: You are currently now in a fish-in cycle.

Whats Cycling?
The Nitrogen Cycle
Fish-In cycling

What are you tanks measurements? Length x Depth x Height?

I would also certainly recommend upgrading the filter, I have used the stingray filter before and I didnt think much to it to be honest.

Andy

this is what the box says

* All Glass aquarium - 50 cm x 25 cm x 30 cm
* 35 litre capacity
* Silver canopy and frame
* Elite Stringray 10 Filter
* 50 W Elite Heater
* Sun-Glo Fluorescent T8 fluorescent- 14 watt 38cm
* Nutrafin food and accessory pack
* Nutrafin Biological Supplement and Aqua Plus Conditioner
* Decorative ornament
* Care Guide
* LCD Thermometer

The Neons are likely to make a mess of the Guppies' tails, too. Neons aren't great in a new tank. The Rummynose Tetras (like most fish) prefer to be in a group of at least five or six, which would fully stock the tank on their own. Looks like you've had the (sadly common) poor LFS advice. Read some of the pinned threads here in the beginners section. Don't take what the LFS tells you at face value. See if they'll take the fish back. If you can't return them, see if the shop (or anyone here) can help you with some mature filter media.

my neons are very calm and the rummy nose and the neons stay together. neither fin nip,

also, im not taking any fish back, i will get a bigger tank

I agree with all of the above.

However if you don't want to take any fish back then you need to get at least a 200l tank.
You need around 200l for the gold gourami as they grow quite large.

If you were willing to just re-home the gold gourami and keep the other fish then you could just upgrade to 90l
However you still wouldn't be able to add anymore fish for a couple of months.

Once it had been fully cycled for a month or so (Ammonia and Nitrite reading have been at 0 for a month), you could add up to 12" more of fish based on the adult sizes of the fish.
Then you would be fully stocked.

Well the bottom line is that you are overstocked. You need to get a much larger tank or take back some fish, especially the incompatible ones.

as long as you upgrade thats fine; but you are overstocked. YOu wanted our opinions and you have them now :good:

Neons will fin nip, even if you dont see it.

Agree with the comments above.

You will need to upgrade the tank. Also the suggestion of taking the fish back wasnt just becuase they will get too big, it was also because your tank isnt cycled and it wont be easy keeping all them fish alive during a fish in cycle.

Also as bagu says, neons will fin nip. Just because you dont see them doing it doesnt mean they are not. They tend to nip more at night when all the lights are off and the tank is calmer

Andy

Most reactions

Back