10 gallon TopFin Tank, Filter, and Heater

Airstone

Decor
2 fake plants
1 real plant
Large Rock
Spongebob House
Museum Pillar

Had the tank over 3 months. Done 1 major water change (with siphon).

Fish (in order bought)

Mind you all of them are very small, my Ram and Tetra are the biggest.

Blue Ram and Dwarf Albino Swordtail
Longfin Tetra
FancyGuppy, Oto
Female Betta (new) (fish shop owner assured me shes peaceful and was bred by a customer of his and she is doing well so far)

I know, Im sort of obsessed with diversity so I only have 1 of each species and I know some of these fish do better with others of their kind. Do you think any of the above would really need a mate of their breed? I do want my fish to survive a long time and be happy.

Pic.

Attachments

• piccsa.jpg
    piccsa.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 63
:hi: to the forum.

Did you cycle your tank before adding the fish? If you did, what method did you use and how long did it take you?

Do you know what species your longfin tetra is? If you don't post a picture of it and I'm sure someone will be able to identify it for you :)

A few of those species do need to be in a school, such as the tetra and the oto, however, if you were to put them both in schools of 6+ as well as your other fish, you would be overstocked (you're borderline now).

You don't have the best stocking TBH, if you like the betta, you could make the tank into a betta sorority (rehome all of the other fish) with 5 girls.

Looks nice, but as Blondie said some of them do need to be in schools
confused.gif

You also should be doing 25% water changes weekly.

welcomeani.gif
to TFF btw! I hope you enjoy it here.

I cycled with fish. Blue Ram and Swordtail survived. I had an Angel for about a week or 2 (either ammonia or it was already sick) and my sterbai cory died a couple weeks ago.

Everythings been re-tested and the tank is definitely cycled and nitrates are ok.

Do you know of any good places to get pre-cycled tanks? Because that would really be my only option if I wanted to keep all my fish and school the tetra and otos.

The picture of the tetra is in the forum and my thumbnail pic.

The angel would not have been good to have in there anyways, they need at least a 30g
confused.gif
 Am sorry for your losses though.

You can get cycled media from some places I think, though not sure where. How is that your only option? You could fish-less cycle any new tank you got with ammonia.

Sorry, but I can't see the tetra in your profile or in the picture you took of your tank. 
If you could get a closeup pic of the tetra that would be best :)

I think I see it? But is pretty small pic so hard to tell. Maybe serpae tetra or red phantom tetra?

Pretty sure its a serpae. I googled both, and they look a lot a like. But Serpae seems to also ring a bell.

Most reactions

Back