My Snowball Pleco (Hypancistrus Contradens)

Mr Melt

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Allright lads;

My Snowball Pleco (Nibbler) is quite elusive; for £70 hes the most expensive fish in my tank (and also the one you see least ¬_¬). Even after a year in the tank he still hides and never comes out =P

He must have been hungry, because after dropping an algae wafer into the tank earlier today he was out like a rocket =P

Anyways, here's a short clip of him during feeding time =)

Very attractive plec. Its always the way that the most expensive fish you own is the one you see the least often, bit of a running joke really.

I'm not going to lie to you either, i'm just going to say it straight and blunt to the point. Goldfish + Tropicals = REALLY?!?! If there was an icon that showed a dissaproving look that did it justice i would click it. Not cool man. Other than that thumbs up though :good:

Very attractive plec. Its always the way that the most expensive fish you own is the one you see the least often, bit of a running joke really.

I'm not going to lie to you either, i'm just going to say it straight and blunt to the point. Goldfish + Tropicals = REALLY?!?! If there was an icon that showed a dissaproving look that did it justice i would click it. Not cool man. Other than that thumbs up though :good:
Who will take a black moor with one eye? Certainly not a pet shop. For one, he's got nowhere to go; if I had the space for a coldwater tank (and the money) I'd probably do it.
Second - there is no actual proof that black moors in particular suffer in higher tank temperatures (24-26). Remember they come from South-East Asia; pretty warm down there! The only thing negative is the increased metabolism and poop rate - I've got it taken care of =P
Anyways, he lives a very happy life and he gets fed plenty, plus the tank is quite overfiltered (Eheim 2215), so I don't see a problem with it.

PS - Thank you for the plec comment =)

Nice size too. Galaxy and snowball are great looking plecos.

Most reactions

Back