My Pleco Changed Colour?

Cary14

Reaction score
Ive had my pleco about 3 months now, and when i first bought it the colour was a light brown colour. He now spends a lot of the time feeding of te piece of bogwood i put in the tank, and now he seems to be camoflauged to match it?? Is this usual?

As far as i'm aware most fish have deeper more defined colours when they are happy, he was probably a lighter colour at first because he was in unfamiliar territory, now he has settled he will feel much more relaxed, hence the colours. Not 100 percent sure there, but that seems to be the case with my plecs anyway.

As far as i'm aware most fish have deeper more defined colours when they are happy, he was probably a lighter colour at first because he was in unfamiliar territory, now he has settled he will feel much more relaxed, hence the colours. Not 100 percent sure there, but that seems to be the case with my plecs anyway.

That sounds right to me. My BN plecos will get light color when stressed. My Clown pleco is almost black but when stressed he is a cream color.

So yes a happy pleco will be a darker color. :good:

My female BN always has some kind of color change in her, I just put her down to being stressy, as the male is fine. I've heard a lot of people say their female plecs have 'color' issues

Ahhh sounds like good news to me then!!! Cheers for the help as well!!

Most reactions

Back