My platy

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Feline

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Here's my platy with white stringie poop. Can anyone tell me what illness it got?

Attachments

• P7171061.JPG
    P7171061.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 60
I took him to a vet n she found out hexamita (one kind of parasite) in the poops! So now it's undergoing oral treatment of metronidazole. Hope to bring good news soon!

Thanks Panthywanthy! :)

Yes u can take fish to a vet! just depends on whether ur vet has the knowledge on this! My vet charges more on examining fish than hamsters! :blink:

White Stringy Poop is a sign of an internal parasitic infection. this will kill the fish if left untreaded. depending on your area look for meds that will help with "INTERNAL PARASITIC" infections

hth,

Richard

Yup, I've tried giving them those (Interpet anti internal bacteria), treated for 2 weeks but no signs of improvements. Then I was suggested to find other means of medication but couldn't get hold of any bcoz of the UK law system... n that's y I have to go to a vet to get the medicine! :/ :)

you need to treat for parasites, not bacteria. antibiotics will do nothing for a parasitic infection. I'm not in the UK so I can't make a recomendation as to which medicine to use but I'm sure If you Pmed a mod or CFC or one of the other knowledable Brits. they could tell you an anti parasite med you can get on that side of the pond

Um.. good point Tanked! No wonder y the anti internal bacteria doesnt work rite... but now I'll wait to see if my fishies respond to metronidazole well. coz my vet said it'll kill off the parasites with metron, so we'll c ......

Most reactions

Back