My Pictus Talks!

Genesis

If you're a cory and you know it clap your.. hands
Reaction score
i had to move my pictus to another tank for a few days because it was bullying my shark.....as i took it out (using my hand) it started to growl :blink: does this happen often?....

yeah quite common for pims
I got a shock when I first caught some for a customer
I thought I was squeezing it too hard :lol:

Apparently, my sailfin will sometimes hiss when you take him out of water but I have yet to hear this. Tell your mum to hold it and she'll see for herself :)

Oh jeeze, I'd have a stroke if one of my fish screamed :lol:

Yeah but they just feel so cool when you hold them....my plecs feel amazing....

malcolm.jpg

...you just gotta hold them sometimes...

you shouldnt take them out with your hands because their pectoral fins are very sharp and can inflict some damage to you and a net. A plastic container is reccomended when having to catch them.

hes only spiked me once ;)

that was when i was trying to find him under some bogwood, then i touched something sharp :(

I've captured many big cats and plecs by hand and have never been spiked, its just making sure you grab the right places! The bigger the fish, the easier it is.

apparently they should be kept in groups of 4+?

my 3 pictus were double bagged and still punctured a leak on the way home from lfs :eek: very nearly a disaster but made it in time :thumbs: the car floor got a bit wet tho

I just got 4 pictus to start my silver dollar tank and every one of them got stuck in the net when the girl netted them. This thread now explains the noise I heard while letting them out of the bag into my tank after acclimating them.

Cory cats will also squeek....didn't know that til I took them out of the tank once.

Catfish are kewl.

And yea I would get at least 4 picts.

i wnat a squeking fish.

the salt water fish is a drum(deep clicks)and i had almost caught a screaming fish.it was weird.i got it up to the boat ,pulled its head out,and heard it.so i cut the line quick.

i keep a small bucket in my parents and sisters trunks in case i get a cat and have a punture problem

Most reactions

Back