My New Tank Pictures - Suggestions?

vonedaddy

Reaction score
This is my new 155 gallon bowfront. I have used all the decorations from my old tank (125 gallon) because after buying the new setup I could not afford anything else! :)

Anyway I would like some suggestions from you fine folks on what kind of fish would go good in this tank.

Here is the setup basics:

155 gallon bowfront
wet dry filter
small fluval canister filter (for water movement and a little extra filtration cant hurt)
Inline heater

Any suggestions about decor, fish and setup are greatly appreciated. I am not really a beginner but I am just getting back into the hobby after a few years.

Thanks.

Attachments

• new_155_bow.jpg
    new_155_bow.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 25
Bueatfiul tank, that's just absolutely huge.. the sheer size of it.. is stunning. First off as many of us do is switch to a BLACK background, it brings out alot of colors and just looks good with anything.
I can see why you dont have any money left lol, Before you dig into a planted tank u might wanna get ready such as getting 2wpg (watts per gallon) that may involved.... upgrade on lighting, maybe new substrate... and c02... But that's only if your thinking planted in the future. Enjoy it for now :)

Looks great again

Wow, thats fantastic.
If I were you, I'd take out the tacky-looking ornaments and wait till you have money to buy other stuff.
I dunno, i personally hate the look of any fake things.
I do have a new liking of SW and planted tanks....
but if you don't have the money for any of that, looks cool enough just being so big.
Do you know at all what you want? You could do a large african cichlid tank!

Stunning tank ! :drool:
Though I agree they are not my choice of ornaments, beauty is in the eye of the beholder ! And if you like them, then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks ! :D

But...... if it was my tank, I'd make it more natural looking. You can start by removing the bright artificial plants (those tall green ones are fine) and get some beautiful large bogwood - though this can be expensive.
Loads of real plants would look fabulous too. On low light (which I think you have) Amazons should be fine.

Or you could get rid of all the decor (apart from the gravel) put in loads of rocks and get some bright African Cichlids. That would look awesome :thumbs:

Ps: it looks like you have an internal background ? If that's the case, it would be more hassle than it's worth to remove it. But if it's an external background, I agree a black one would look lots better. Or bright blue if going for an African tank.

Most reactions

Back