My New Synos

Fella

Research!
Reaction score
I got one of these the other week, had it down as "Schoutedini" in the store. However, I took a good look at it and it wasn't the same. So I did a thread on here, and was hoping for "Ornatipinnis", as they look great (and it would mean I got them at a really great price).

So here is the first guy I got, and subsequently saw twice since I had him. Once when I put him in, Once when I emptied the tank of everything.

DSCN1136.jpg

But as I never saw him, I thought it might be worth trying the old Syno trick of having a group, and seeing if that makes them more boisterous.

So I got some more

DSCN1171.jpg

DSCN1169.jpg

DSCN1164.jpg

DSCN1162.jpg

DSCN1161.jpg

DSCN1158.jpg

DSCN1156.jpg

DSCN1153.jpg

DSCN1152.jpg

DSCN1144.jpg

DSCN1141.jpg

So there are 5 in total now, in the 30 (meaning I'm going to have to upgrade, what a disaster :rolleyes: ) and I don't know what they are still. A couple of guys on Planet Catfish think Hybrid, Some think a totally different species, some think ornatipinnis. I've got my fingers crossed for ornatipinnis though.

Regardless, they're lovely little squeakers. Since I added more I see them all the time now, upside down under the rock pile and shimmying around the tank.

Hope you enjoyed the photos.

They're beautiful ! :wub: No clue what they are though....let us know if you find out.

Most reactions

Back