My New Planted Tank

methodmza_uk

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi guys this is my rekord 96 planted tank. 1st attempt at plants. What do you all think?

Thanks

This is the tank
tankgb2.jpg

This is Eric my bristlenose plec
ericjb0.jpg

heres burt the dwarf gourami
burtqi7.jpg

One of the Rams, this is Grohl
grohleg4.jpg

One of the 3 ottos!! great fish.
ottogy7.jpg

Here is the other ram, Dave
davedi0.jpg

What do you guys think? thats all my stock for now. get more soon. thanks for looking. any improvements welcome too, more plants etc...

thanks

Thanks for the feedback guys. Tryin really hard to have a decent tank setup this time as my first was a shocker.

I have actually cleaned out the tank today, and my bristlenose swam into the filter when I filled it backup and he hasnt come out yet.
Think I will wait till the morning before I have to take it apart. Will put some cucumber down for him. His fave!!

Dissapointed with the background. I like the blue, but its all bubbled at the back. Annoying as they are quite expensive.

......and yeah, love the foo fighters!! haha

TRY SMEARING THE BACK OF THE TANK WITH VASALINE AND USING THIS TO STICK THE BACKGROUND TO THE GLASS, IT SHOULD GET RID OF THE BUBBLES!!
NATH1 :good:

Been scratching my head at that thinking
'what the hell are those blobs'
and then thinking:
'it can't be the background, the blobs are INFRONT of the plants'

and then it dawned on me...

The background is blue with pictures of plants on it! :rofl:

I should stop thinking......

hello methodmza_uk,

mind if i ask what that shortish plant is that's situated in the lower left-hand side of the tank? :)

It's mando grass or something grass. Interesting tank. Love the wisteria :good:

Hi guys, thanks for the replies.

All plants in there are real. I dont know any of their names with, I should have kept the labels, but I didnt think at the time, was too excited about setting the tanks up hehe.
Will find out though. Unless any planted experts know?? I wouldnt mind knowing either.

Thanks again.

Will also try the vaseline thing tonight.

yes. mondo grass is non aquatic. You'll want to plant that outside in your lawn :good:

To the right, you have my starting plant, wisteria. Practically indestructible

To the left, you have amazon swords it looks like. Plant that stem growing out in the substrate if you want the new ones to grow faster :good:

Most reactions

Back