My New Golden Retriever Puppy

AlexAndCarmen

Scorched Earth
Reaction score
We've recently bought our own place. It has a great size garden and we've spoken about getting a dog when we had our own place. So last month, for my birthday, Alex bought me a Golden Retriever puppy. She is just too gorgeous and we've named her Summer.

She's almost 15 weeks old and the sweetest, calmest little girl I've ever met.

So without further ado, here is Summer

Sum1.jpg

Sum4.jpg

Sum5.jpg

Sum3.jpg

Sum2.jpg

My daughter has always been petrified of dogs (no reason, she's never been attacked or had a bad experience, just always been scared of them), but they are like two peas in a pod. They get on so well and I am so pleased we found this little gentle soul.

:wub:

Awww she's adorable, nice name too :good:

POTM nomination for pic no.3 :D

omg, I in love :wub: Don't tell my husband :lol: I definitely second the nomination :good:

She's sooo beautifully gorgeous.

Awwww she is sooooo lovely, i would love a dog but i am allergic :(

Currently have two cats though which i am fine with, how strange

Thanks all, and thanks for the nomination. She really is lovely. A real little angel and such a polite puppy too.

Of course, I'll keep adding pics as she grows, she's already grown loads in the three weeks since we got her.

:good:

Awwwww......she's absolutely gorgeous :wub: :wub: :wub: My first dog was a retriever pup for my 10th birthday. Her name was Goldcrest and she lived to the ripe old age of 17. By far the best dog I've ever had.......I don't think she ever put a foot wrong.

I hope you have a wonderful time with her and your daughter has a new best friend :D :D Definately will be getting my vote :good:

Awww!! Babies!! I remember my retriever at that age.... sooooo cute.

aww, what a cute puppy! May I ask what the cones are for? Agility perhaps? Just curious. Your pup's got my vote for potm.

Laura

Hi Carmen. Happy belated birthday - and what a fantastic present you have! Summer is a real little beauty princess isn't she?

That's 3rd pic down is so adorable :wub:

Thanks again all. I am really pleased we went with this breed. Our middle son has a syndrome and out of all the breeds out there, I thought this was the best for us and for him. Of course, had he nothing wrong with him, I'd probably still have gone with this breed. Always liked them. I am looking forward to all those wonderful years, and you can already see she is going to give us some wonderful memories.

aww, what a cute puppy! May I ask what the cones are for? Agility perhaps? Just curious. Your pup's got my vote for potm.

Laura

Hi Laura. When we bought this house, they were already in the garden. The kids normally use them for football. But my eldest son has just realized that when Summer is older, he can use them for agility training and now sets them up so she's used to them. Kids have all sorts of plans for this poor little girl. Hope she's got enough energy for them all. :lol:

:D

Hi Carmen. Happy belated birthday - and what a fantastic present you have! Summer is a real little beauty princess isn't she?

That's 3rd pic down is so adorable :wub:

Hi Bloo

Thanks. She's the best birthday present ever, apart from my 22nd when the ICU let me hold my eldest for the first time after his op (long story, but one of the best days ever).

Thanks for all the lovely comments and compliments. I better not let her see or she'll get a big head :lol:

What a beautiful puppy! And I just love the name Summer as well. It just seems to fit her so perfectly :)

Most reactions

Back