My New Fish

trisha76

Reaction score
Just went and brought myself a new fish today wanted a nice bottom dweller for my oscars tank and came home with this guy.
Untitled-1psd-1.jpg

100_4333.jpg

100_4327.jpg

100_4331.jpg

thanks he is my first every cat fish of this type and seems to really like my bigger oscar for some reason where ever my oscar goes cat fish isn't far behind or is swimming along side.
Have noticed the catfish swimming around my oscar even rubbing against it the oscar doesn't mind it at all but Im not sure if this is normal behavior for this type of cat fish I was told he'd hide and come out when dark most times but he's always out and always with my oscars.

No its not dyed the shops I bye from will not deal with fish that have been dyed and I've never seen a dyed fish in any shops over here, its not as blue as it looks in the pic more of a greyish blue but colour changed and became more enhanced in the blue when I adjusted the sharpness and colour in photoshop I didn't try to make it look unrealistic so sorry if it does.

No its not dyed the shops I bye from will not deal with fish that have been dyed and I've never seen a dyed fish in any shops over here, its not as blue as it looks in the pic more of a greyish blue but colour changed and became more enhanced in the blue when I adjusted the sharpness and colour in photoshop I didn't try to make it look unrealistic so sorry if it does.

ah, yeah photoshop will also do that, sorry if it seemed like i was jumping to conclusions.

thats fine I have only ever seen a dyed fish on here in the oscar posts I would never buy a dyed fish I think it is cruel plus un-natural and I think if I ever went to any of my aquarium shops and asked them if they ever sell dyed fish I'd be told straight.
But yep never seen a dyed fish in any shops here.
Photo shop does have a tendency to bring the colours out more than what they would be naturally though.

Yeah, the levels tool in photoshop is probably the best tool for enhancing images, heres an enhanced pic of my eupterus

catfishhj1.jpg

Yeah, the levels tool in photoshop is probably the best tool for enhancing images, heres an enhanced pic of my eupterus

catfishhj1.jpg

Nice fish guys,

Any tips on using photoshop for my pictures as you guys have some skills !!

Cameras are you using also?

Well that was taken with an 8 mega pixel Canon EOS 350D and then minimised to upload

when you first take your image into photoshop go to auto-levels, this will automatically set up the colours and brightness for you, (this works for most images although i wouldn't reccommend it for images of people), then you can use the 'levels' tool to tweak the image until your happy with its quality.

with that particular photo abve i also used the blur tool to slightly blur the background making the foreground look more in focus.

auto-levels and levels are found under the 'image' - 'adjustments' menu at the top.

Yeah I use the auto levels but didn't adjust them after to try and get my fish looking the way he does my camera is just a Kodak Z740 nothing flash but does the job.

Most reactions

Back