My new fish

Reaction score
Hi I got some new fish today and I thought I would put up some pics of them. I will get some better ones tomorrow what I turn the white lights on as there's not much light from the blue light at the moment.

Any help with the sexing of the Kribs mch appreciated (there's a post in the Africa Cichlids section - http://fish.orbust.net/forums/index.php?ac...T&f=13&t=20566).

:)

This is the one I suspect to be female, but I m not sure (not the turquoise bits on ventral fins got info from http://hjem.get2net.dk/Best_of_the_Web/intropage.htm.). :unsure:

Attachments

• Female_Krib.jpg
    Female_Krib.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 39
excuse my stupidity but are they diff pics of the same fish??? No's 2&3 definitely female & No 1 looks like a girl too. males dont have the bright red belly and are more silver & sleeker not so plump, they have different( spade) shaped tails as well. :D . i have a very good pic of a breeding m&f together but i think its too big (Kb) anyone know how i can make it smaller? :)

No, the first fish is about 3x bigger than the second. When I ordered I asked for a male and a female and Trimar know their stuff.

Also the article I linked to said that males can have a red belly as well if they are "healthy" and "happy". They look quite different in terms of shape and colour so I think they are different sexes.

The smaller one (pics 2 and 3) has the diamond shaped tail as far as I can tell. But these are the only ones I have ever seen in real life so I am not qualified to know conclusivley.

Thanks.

i can't tell from the pics here, but i have seen many pics of very brightly colored males, red belly and all
BTW if you don't want the kribs ill take them :D LOL

Just go to your paint program (all windows has it) and click the image tab then stretch/skew and under stretch put 50 and 50 and it will be half as big. Put 25 and 25 in the boxes and it will be a quarter as big. Also works to make it bigger just put like 150 and it will be 50 percent bigger.... took me FOREVER to figure that one out. Durrr.... :S

Did a little something to the first pic. Maybe you can see the color better now. :D

Attachments

• krib.JPG
    krib.JPG
    5.8 KB · Views: 45
Ooo thanks,

I have tried to do it to the pic of the smaller Krib, don't know if it made much difference though (this has been 50d)

Attachments

• Small_Krib_3.JPG
    Small_Krib_3.JPG
    4.8 KB · Views: 39
Nah, made it worse I think!

I got another pic a moment ago which I think is better (this is the smaller one).

Attachments

• Small_Krib_2.jpg
    Small_Krib_2.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 41

Most reactions

Back