My New Fire Eel

simonas

stuck between a rock and a fish tank
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I picked this eel up about 3 weeks ago, he was one of 6 the guy had all over 20 inch long, this ones about 21 inches I think

Hes a lovely fish and they have always been one of my favourite fish

IMG00202-20110830-2058.jpg

IMG00204-20110830-2101.jpg

IMG00201-20110830-2058.jpg

IMG00200-20110830-2058.jpg

IMG00199-20110830-2057.jpg

The discus have moved now as I want oddballs with the fire eel but no it didnt harm the discus. Fire eels arent aggressive fish and discus are hardier and bolshier than people would have you believe

Looks a lovely fish in a nice big tank. :)

I could not help but notice your oddball tankmates plan to go with the Fire Eel... Got anything particular in mind, such as a group of Reedfish?

well, I have bought three bichirs which I pick up on Friday, an Endy, Ornate and a palmas my plan was to sell the palmas as they come as a three

I;d love another group of ropes I had 4 last time I had a tank liek this. I got given two oscars last week which are lovely however they have been having a go at the fire eel. Its his tank so I will monitor them

anyother suggestions? lol

Sounds an intresting mix!

How about a group of lovely placid Toxotes blythii (gorgeous group of four in Romsey WOW), or a group of Ctenopoma (might be a tad tricky obtaining ones that are not the typical store sold tiny babies)?

Sounds an intresting mix!

How about a group of lovely placid Toxotes blythii (gorgeous group of four in Romsey WOW), or a group of Ctenopoma (might be a tad tricky obtaining ones that are not the typical store sold tiny babies)?

The archers are nice never kept them I;ve had ctenopma in the past I wuoldnt fancy them for this tank. I'm going to leave it as it is for now and see how I get on.

I bought a baby clown knife the other day but its in my smaller tank in my bedroom as it would be eaten by the oscars. That will one day go in their I;m sure it will be big enough in about 7 months or so. This tanks not going to be moved again and I plan to opnly rent it for 2 years max when I will then get a bigger one and with it a bigger tank now that I have no one to answer to but me :)

Excellent mix mate, an it's good to see you with a Fire Eel again. I have one too now, had him about 4-5 months but cant get the #29### eating anything other than frozen bloodworms, he wont even eat Prawns etc.

Your Stocking seems very similar to mine at the minute. I have 3 tanks running now all waiting to go into a big tank some time close in the future. I have;

1 x Fire Eel
2 x Endi Bichirs
2 x Senegal Bichir
1 x Palmas Bichir
1 x BGK
1 x Carapo Knife
1 x Ornate Bichir
1 x Parrot
4 x Reedfish

I really cant wait to sort out a better tank to get most of them in together now. The Reeds are my favorite at the moment but the Endis seem to be growing into lovely looking fish now. Will be interesting to keep an eye on this as our plans look very similar. My next upgrade will be a 6x2x2 probably, then the massive show tank after that I think. Is that the 5x2.5x2 you had in the garage?

Excellent mix mate, an it's good to see you with a Fire Eel again. I have one too now, had him about 4-5 months but cant get the #29### eating anything other than frozen bloodworms, he wont even eat Prawns etc.

Your Stocking seems very similar to mine at the minute. I have 3 tanks running now all waiting to go into a big tank some time close in the future. I have;

1 x Fire Eel
2 x Endi Bichirs
2 x Senegal Bichir
1 x Palmas Bichir
1 x BGK
1 x Carapo Knife
1 x Ornate Bichir
1 x Parrot
4 x Reedfish

I really cant wait to sort out a better tank to get most of them in together now. The Reeds are my favorite at the moment but the Endis seem to be growing into lovely looking fish now. Will be interesting to keep an eye on this as our plans look very similar. My next upgrade will be a 6x2x2 probably, then the massive show tank after that I think. Is that the 5x2.5x2 you had in the garage?
Thats the one mate, its in the living room of the house I;m renting now. Just has the two oscars, the fire eel and the three bichirs in there for now. When I move in a couple of years when my loans are paid up I'll be getting ab igger tank and the next house I rent or buy will be chosen with this in mind :nod:

Oh nice one si, got quite the collection brewing again

he he I know mate should ever have got rid of my oddballs in the first place cos I;m buying all the fish I once had again :crazy:

i'm the same, when i saw your pic's of the abei puffers makes me want to get another, i always end up selling or trading in fish only to regret it later on :)

Most reactions

Back