My New Babies!

fishwatcher

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
South Carolina... Smiling Faces, Beautiful Places.
Here are pix of my new bettas... the male is Baxter, he's a VT, and I love his coloring! The pix don't really show it, but there are dark tiny spots all over his tail. The female is Lily. She's a CT, I think, though the details don't really show up in the pictures. She's a beautiful blue color, with the ventral fins (is that right?) a dark red.
She was a sort of a rescue, as I was only planning on buying a male. She's VERY constipated, and I've been feeding her peas everyday for a week now. I'm hoping it'll clear up soon. :/

Hope you like them!

Attachments

• Baxter_front.jpg
    Baxter_front.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Baxter_side.jpg
    Baxter_side.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Baxter_side2.jpg
    Baxter_side2.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Lily_side.jpg
    Lily_side.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Lily_side2.jpg
    Lily_side2.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 39
lovely fish. your girl looks like my male CT.

you sure she's constipated? constipated fish generally aren't hungry, and are usually pale. She may just be eggy.

Oh no, I bet she's peeved off at me good now... here I've been feeding her peas all week trying to help her poop, and she's just got eggs in her! Well, she's getting some good bllodworms this afternoon!
How can you tell if it's a delta or a crowntail? The pix I've seen look very similar to me.
Thanks!

She looks like a veily girl to me. :) It's hard to tell from the pics, but if she has slightly extended rays she's probably a combtail... doesn't look like a full CT.

It's like the individual sections come out to a ray, and each one of those is cut in 2, also, but only about 1/2 of the distance to where the main sections are separate. If that makes any sense??? I wish I could take a good pic of it... no matter what kind she is, though, she's so pretty to me! And she's kind of sweet too!

I don't really get what you mean. ;) But that's okay, she's gorgeous no matter what. :D Girlies seem to have the best personalities too... at least from what I've seen.

Most reactions

Back