and in the making........
IMG_0793.JPG

IMG_0804.JPG

IMG_0805.JPG

IMG_0801.JPG

IMG_0806.JPG

You are off to a great start :good:

Might not be :/

That Bamboo is not aquatic, but only semi-aquatic. Only 1/3 of it should be submersed in water...

Also, not quite sure, but that tall broad leafed one in the corner may also not be aquatic, may need someone to double check...

If you leave these guys in, they will rot and die, and pollute your tank :crazy:

Tank looks great, glad to see you got rid of the Bamboo. Out of curiousity, what kind of moss is that in the tank? It reminds me of frog moss, which I'm currently trying to find out if it's safe for aquarium usage.

i was sold two kinds of moss. one riccia and one java, is what i was told. I am new to the whole plant thing, so i hope im on the right track. My main concern right now is that i want the mosses to form a "carpet" but i think they are going to grow up and not outward. i dont know if i did it right, but i hope it works. Also, i am curious how fast the plants will spread/grow, because i want my tank to be heavily planted. i dont have co2 but i think my light is nice. also, will eco complete hurt my corydoras barbels? ANY other info you should tell me about having a planted aquarium, please do so. i really want to learn. fish keeping is my new hobby!!!!!!!!!!

i was sold two kinds of moss. one riccia and one java, is what i was told. I am new to the whole plant thing, so i hope im on the right track. My main concern right now is that i want the mosses to form a "carpet" but i think they are going to grow up and not outward. i dont know if i did it right, but i hope it works. Also, i am curious how fast the plants will spread/grow, because i want my tank to be heavily planted. i dont have co2 but i think my light is nice. also, will eco complete hurt my corydoras barbels? ANY other info you should tell me about having a planted aquarium, please do so. i really want to learn. fish keeping is my new hobby!!!!!!!!!!

Hey,

You should take our advice, and remove the non-aquatic plant.

The plant growing condition really depend on the type, a long with how much nutrients they are getting. Not having C02 should be fine...

I don't see any problem having eco complete in the tank...

Hey,

The plant growing condition really depend on the type, a long with how much nutrients they are getting. Not having C02 should be fine...

i removed the "lucky bamboo" but i am pretty sure that the Amazon Sword plant is Aquatic. I am also pretty sure that riccia and java moss are also aquatic from what i have read on this forum, and seen in everyones tank. but i did remove the one the plant that was non-aquatic. If you feel other plants of mine are non aquatic please inform me, and also state some evidence.

Hey,

i removed the "lucky bamboo" but i am pretty sure that the Amazon Sword plant is Aquatic. I am also pretty sure that riccia and java moss are also aquatic from what i have read on this forum, and seen in everyones tank. but i did remove the one the plant that was non-aquatic. If you feel other plants of mine are non aquatic please inform me, and also state some evidence.

I said nothing about the moss being not aquatic, both Riccia and Java moss are aquatic.

Sorry to inform you, but the one plant with the broad leaves in the corner is not amazon sword. If you where told that, then it is probably going to turn out at non-aquatic...

Unless you are talking about the taller, skinny leafed plant in the other corner? If so, that is Val. Yes, thats aquatic...

Actually, the other one might be Anubias, but we should get someone to double check that!

Sorry to inform you, but the one plant with the broad leaves in the corner is not amazon sword. If you where told that, then it is probably going to turn out at non-aquatic...

Unless you are talking about the taller, skinny leafed plant in the other corner? If so, that is Val. Yes, thats aquatic...

Actually, the other one might be Anubias, but we should get someone to double check that!
[/quote]

:( the one in the right corner was sold to me as an amazon sword....i also saw it in other lfs :( are you sure that its just not a bad angle of the plant?! let me know, so i can take that out as qwll

Yeah it isn't an Amazon Sword, I am sure of it... It really looks non aquatic to me...

I am looking at the single plant by the driftwood on the left (when viewing the photo.)

On the other side, you have Val. Thats fine to have in...

should i take it out now? i bought it at the lfs, and the guy there really knows his stuff i think? (or apparently not?) let me know guys.

Most reactions

Back