My New 38 Gallon Tank (40 Gallon)

RENDOG

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Below are pictures of my new 38 Gallon Tank. Instead of writing every spec, please feel free to ask questions.

100_1848.jpg

100_1849.jpg

100_1851.jpg

100_1852.jpg

100_1855.jpg

100_1856.jpg

100_1857.jpg

100_1858.jpg

Looks good so far!

What are the plans for it? What type of water is in bottles why did you choose to fill the tank up with it?
And why did you switch from an external to a HoB?

Looks good so far!

What are the plans for it? What type of water is in bottles why did you choose to fill the tank up with it?

I wanted to build the rocks up on one side or both but they are not really designed for that.

The water is Walmart Drinking Water. It's RO (Reverse Osmosis) and sometimes it's UV Sterilized. It's Low-ish PH which is nice. Water here in Jacksonville Florida is not the greatest.

I had a canister (Fluval 105) for my fully planted 20 Gallon. I didn't want to spend $150ish on a bigger external and I wanted to give the Aquaclear's a shot. I paid $67 for the 38 gallon tank and $37 for the Aquaclear 70.

Looks good so far!

I wanted to build the rocks up on one side or both but they are not really designed for that.

The water is Walmart Drinking Water. It's RO (Reverse Osmosis) and sometimes it's UV Sterilized. It's Low-ish PH which is nice. Water here in Jacksonville Florida is not the greatest.

I had a canister (Fluval 105) for my fully planted 20 Gallon. I didn't want to spend $150ish on a bigger external and I wanted to give the Aquaclear's a shot. I paid $67 for the 38 gallon tank and $37 for the Aquaclear 70.
It's just that RO is very mineral deficient too. Unless you are adding minerals to the water in powder or liquid for such as this kind of thing, it's not a good idea to use pure RO, if your specifically wanting soft water, try half RO and half tap water :good:.
I'd have a small external over a HoB any day :p. But tbh I've never dealt with HoB's that big, they aren't very popular over here for some reason.
Are you going to get a new light, or diy that fixture so it fits on the tank?

Looks good so far!

It's just that RO is very mineral deficient too. Unless you are adding minerals to the water in powder or liquid for such as this kind of thing, it's not a good idea to use pure RO, if your specifically wanting soft water, try half RO and half tap water :good:.
I'd have a small external over a HoB any day :p. But tbh I've never dealt with HoB's that big, they aren't very popular over here for some reason.
Are you going to get a new light, or diy that fixture so it fits on the tank?

Very interesting with the minerals, I didn't know that.

I had a glass cover (the ones that are glass in the front and have plastic in the back) that I was going to use from the old tank just so that the light can sit on it. I purchased it a long time ago and then went coverless but kept it with me...however now I can't find it anywhere. I may just buy a new one that will fit the entire tank.

By the way, I purchased a Hydor Theo 200W heater and it never shuts off (I also purchased a coral life probe thermometer). So I will return it as soon as my 200W stealth heater arrives.

Nice little tank. Be careful with Hydor heaters, they are prone to over heating. I have used multiple heaters of different sizes and always had a problem with them.

Nice little tank. Be careful with Hydor heaters, they are prone to over heating. I have used multiple heaters of different sizes and always had a problem with them.

Yes I'm returning the Hydor Theo because it doesn't shut off....I ordered a marineland stealth one, do you have any experiences with those?

Thanks for the compliment.

Yes I'm returning the Hydor Theo because it doesn't shut off....I ordered a marineland stealth one, do you have any experiences with those?

Thanks for the compliment.
You're welcome.
I don't have any experience with those, but I have heard much better reviews of them.

Oh btw, it's nice to see a fellow Floridian on here! :)

Most reactions

Back