My Male Green Terror

peter22UK

Fish Addict
Reaction score
is female i think :(

i cant get a good pic,

but there is no sign of a nuchal lump at 4" and the colouring isnt all that brilliant. Gutted.

Not necessarily. It all depends on genetics. If a fish's genes tell it to grow a huge hump... then it will.... If the genes dont even tell it to grow one... then it wont either. Happens in nature as well... hence why some specimens are much more "full" and "bad-a$$" looking then others.... both may have the same chances, nutrition and environment, but if the genes arn't there... then it wont grow.

If you can get pics... then it would be easier for us to help the sexing

Ox :good:

I will try to get a good pic.

Ive seen a male juvi that looks just like mine..

I also thing (it) has good genes as its really really stocky and filling out nicely!

seen some in a pet store recently...infact dont get me started on that...they had 15 6-7" male green terrors and about 60 or so other 3" cichlids (blue acaras, severums, rainbows etc) in what must have been about a 250 litre tank!!

they have been in there a while aswell from what i can tell, they are all beaten up and ill looking!

mines 10000 times better quality, ive grown (it) since (it) was half an inch!! Im feeding him on Hikari Staple and The red premium colour enhancer one!

Most reactions

Back