My Little Fry!

Sasha

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Dec 11, 2003
Messages
2,822
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
New Hampshire, USA
:) I just thought I'd share some pics of my fry!

To start with, here's my 2 month old platy fry, Promise. :D
 

Attachments

  • Platy_Fry.webp
    Platy_Fry.webp
    8.1 KB · Views: 104
:sly: This one jumped out of the net and was on the floor for a minute before I could fine her. When she made her escape, I first thought it was a little pebble that dropped . . . so I named her Pebbles. ;)
 

Attachments

  • Pebbles.webp
    Pebbles.webp
    14 KB · Views: 111
:D Here's my red swordtail fry, Amber. I rescued her from Petsmart for free, since I didn't want her to get eaten by the other fish!
 

Attachments

  • Swordtail_Fry.webp
    Swordtail_Fry.webp
    9.5 KB · Views: 84
-_- Actually, I'm not sure what Pebbles is. She's either a platy or a swordtail/platy cross. I'll just have to wait until she older to find out! :)

:wub: Here's Peggy Sue's sister, Precious the 4 month old marigold swordtail. Notice how she's a lighter color than her sister and even her mom, Penny! When I found this single fry swimming around in the quarantine tank, my sister and I were joking around with the phrase, "My precious" from Lord of the Rings. That's how she got her name! :D
 

Attachments

  • Precious.webp
    Precious.webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 125
;) Here's Susie, my 4 month old black molly. I don't know why she has that evil look in her eye, since usually her expression is sweet. :unsure:
 

Attachments

  • Susie.webp
    Susie.webp
    10.5 KB · Views: 83
:hyper: Now let's move on to some guppies!

Here's two, 4 month old males swimming together. :fish:
 

Attachments

  • Young_Guppies.webp
    Young_Guppies.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 116
:D Here's another 4 month old snakeskin guppy. I love his tail pattern! :wub:
 

Attachments

  • Tango__s_Son.webp
    Tango__s_Son.webp
    13.2 KB · Views: 98
Cool fish...your platy fry looks real big for two months..what and how often do you feed them to get them that big so fast?
 
:) Thanks! My platy fry were born 5/13/04, so that makes them about two months old. I kept them in a breeder net for a couple weeks and then moved them into my 29 gallon, where they had a lot more space to grow. When I found Pebbles (the orange fry) she was twice the size as Promise since she was in the main tank longer before I caught her. :thumbs: I feed them crushed flakes and bloodworms for the first month of their life a couple times a day. Then, I switched to frozen brine shrimp and fed them every one or two days, like my adult fish. :fish:
 
thx...i feed my fry twice a day Flake in the morning and Frozen BBS at night...they've grown but they must be nearly two months old now and there not half as big as yours...they are just about bigger than my neons. :sad:
 
lol lol lol lol!!!!

may the 13???? lol that's my birthday! yay! i luv ur frys! :D

my guppies gave birth 2 days ago :lol:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top