My "little" Acf Girl.

t1tanrush

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I'm feeding this girl extra, hoping it will help her grow a bit faster, Her body is 2.5-3 inches right now, she will grow over 5, most likely 7-8, or so I hear..
ja27004.jpg

ja27005.jpg

ja27006.jpg

Some of the ~35 feeder guppies in her tank, should last her until maybe thursday-friday.
ja27003.jpg

I've read things about death from over feeding, but once she eats about 4-5 she is too fat to keep chasing more of them and catch them consistantly.

haha, i kinda want to see her eat one in a funny, morbid kinda way. :shifty:
cool frog!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

I'll get pictures sometime, its kinda funny how she has to work the fish into the right position to swallow it lol, even seeing just he head sticking out, gills still going mad.

I used to have 2 of those, oh boy were they funny. I fed them black worms, night crawlers, maggots, and some wild caught river crustaceans. I had to give them up though. Oh yeah, some people have reported for them to live over 40 years, so they are friends for life!

Oh I'd love one of those, it's beautiful, I love frogs, just haven't got round to getting one(well haven't convinced hubbie to let me get one LOL). Then again don't think I could bear to watch it eating a fish, I'd prob cry!

Oh I'd love one of those, it's beautiful, I love frogs, just haven't got round to getting one(well haven't convinced hubbie to let me get one LOL). Then again don't think I could bear to watch it eating a fish, I'd prob cry!
Mine eats reptile like pellets from wal-mart just fine, just I think guppies help to create a varried diet, also, so I don't have to keep feeding her every few hours, she can just grab a guppy.. But, if you want a normal ACF, floating pellets once or twice a day is fine. Just need mine to get bigger, faster.

coooooooooool :good: shes preddy alittle chubber lol.does she have a name?
lol, shes unnamed, although "abyss" sounded nice, for her stomach! lol.

Nice lookin ACF, my girlfriend has 2 of them(the albino kind)and one has well outgrown the other(the big one is male too)so we just hope he doesnt eat his smaller tankmate.She feeds hers frozen bloodworms and prawns.They croak loudly at night though :angry:

Btw those dont look like guppies to me :blink:

Feeder guppies, also called rosy red's, a type of minnow..
ja28001.jpg

I was at wal-mart Friday night looking for an albino to join her in her tank (I'd get female, don't want croaking). Were out, and all their fish looked bad..

ja28001.jpg

I was at wal-mart Friday night looking for an albino to join her in her tank (I'd get female, don't want croaking). Were out, and all their fish looked bad..

Feeder rosy reds(the gold form of the fathead minnow),guppies are a different fish altogether.

I'm aware of that, and frankly to be 100% honest, to me I don't care. I've been told for so many years that their guppies that I really don't care what the proper term is or not. I've called them guppies, rosy reds, minnows, feeders etc at the store, they always know which ones I'm refering to. = Doesn't matter. lol.

i didn't know they could get that big or that they ate fish. guess i'm not gonna get one now, i don't want my guppies to get eaten :sad:

ja28001.jpg

wait, those are not guppies. rosies is a type of goldfish. i happen to have a full grown one. yours seem to be very pale in color...

of course i guess i would to if my family was being eaten by a giant 'dwarf' frog, lol :lol:

Most reactions

Back