My Iwagumi Style Tank

badboyace84

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hey guys i have started an iwagumi style tank that i love i went to a shop the other day and bought 6 cherry shrimp that i absolutly adore they were so energetic and funand three endler guppies (they were too expensive to buy more). now for the problem today i went a bought a beautiful siamese fighter (female) but once i saw her and the tank i decided it wasn't quite right so moved one of the stones around for better placement. now i only have 3 shrimp left. i think two i killed by putting a stone on them so thats my fault and another got sucked into the filter (aqua one 620 so top loading filter) and i think it was very stressed and put him back in the tank only to find later today the same (i think) shrimp in the filter dead.

the rest of the shrimp are now sticking to what will eventually become the tree. but im now not sure if the fighter was a good idea. would it be her that caused the shrimp to hide or would it be my fault for moving things

any help is greatly appreciated

adam

day one

day 2

planted

after the move

the fighter in question

Attachments

• 2010-10-12 17.14.30.jpg
    2010-10-12 17.14.30.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 2010-10-15 18.44.38.jpg
    2010-10-15 18.44.38.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 2010-10-27 20.08.20.jpg
    2010-10-27 20.08.20.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 2010-11-11 17.03.11.jpg
    2010-11-11 17.03.11.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 2010-11-11 18.16.34.jpg
    2010-11-11 18.16.34.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 53
WOW that is a stunning tank, love the idea of it looking so natural :hyper:

I'm not sure if a Betta would kill shrimp, but i have lost 2 shrimp in my tank which had a male blue betta in their, but i also had mollies,keyholes and horsefaced loach in their, so i couldn't say for sure
NICE TANK :good:

thanks it will be all the better when i can find someone that sells xmas moss for the tree and all the hair grass has grown. my shrimps will then have more places to go and find things to do. i have found all sorts of colours of shrimp and im going to get a few of them all. but i really dont want them to be dinner. they are too expensive for that :hyper:

so tomorrow in going to ring around the whole of cornwall to see if i can get A: the xmas moss and B: some more shrimps. as long as the 3 that are there tonight are there tomorrow

ps i love those fish that are in your profile pic but i was told they would definatly eat my shrimp so they are a deffinate no go. i never thought id get attatched to a shrimp so much :crazy:

haha keep us updated with pics ;)

Yeah Apisto's would make lunch of shrimp within hours, i got my pair because my Mountain Shrimp died, and tbh i think i'm going to go get another female soon

Cornish ey, me too. You'll not find xmas moss anywhere down here (trust me). Your best bet is ebay I'm afraid - I'd sell you some of mine but I just had an outbreak of Clado in it and had to chuck most of it away.

What shrimp are you after? Cuddra Aquatics (great shop) in St. Austell have loads at the moment (cherries and some lovely little Amanos among others.) Oh and my golden rams (profile pic) came from Cuddra and they don't eat my shrimp.

Very impressed with the scape - good luck.

Your ight there Biffster

I;m liking the tank on here looking for inspirations for mine!! :good:

thanks guys for the nice comments really appreciated.

went into cudra yesterday where i got the betta from she said go female as it should be less agressive and shouldnt eat them. whalst i was there they only has cherrys and big shrimp which im not so keen on. speaking of shrimp i still have 3 i think so they wernt eaten so im gonna ring some shops in truro see what they have in there

badboyace, i think you should come over to the planted side of the forum and start a proper journal with this one. Although it doesn't fit with 'Iwagumi', its a cracking scape, well done!

I also see you're using JBL Monando, you might struggle to keep your pathway, as monando blows all over the place.

yeah i shall start a proper thread on this one to keep everything updated. already had a problem with it blowing around (wasnt told it would do that)

the rock i think is called dragon rock. for the 4 peices it cost me 60 quid. but i always like expensive things :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back