My Indoor Pond

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Waterloo Kid

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Just thought I'd post a pic of my tank. It's suffering from blue-green algae at the moment so I took this just after I cleaned it out. It's not perfect but I like it! :D

WK

Attachments

• Tank_500.jpg
    Tank_500.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 60
Wow, thanks people! This is the first tank I've run in over 15 years and it's been gong since January this year.
Fish keeping has certainly changed since my last tank. That one was a 2 ft permanent green box in the corner of the room. I changed the water once every six months or so ( a full strip down and re-build obviously!) and plonk the fish straight back into a chlorinated, uncycled tank. I also kept all the wrong fish together. There were neons, angelfish, tiger barbs and two goldfish all in the same tank. I cringe when I look back! :*)
I got this tank as a joint 30th birthday present betweenme and my wife. Being a little older and more patient that I used to be I looked up info on the net to make sure I did things properly this time. The vast majority of the info I have used on an almost daily basis has come from this site, which I found purely by accident one day. I put the present appearence of the tank down to this friendly, informative site. I've attached an artists impression of what it might have looked out if I'd run it like I used to!

Keep up the good work! :lol:

Attachments

• murky.JPG
    murky.JPG
    3 KB · Views: 56
well youve done a good job of that tank wellcome ot the forum hope you like it here
edit well tho you are welcome you infact joined before me so immagin i just said noce tank well done and not the wellcome part evan tho you are welcome. :no: :nod:

Sweet tank, and welcome back to the hobby. Is that a mini stereo I see under there in your stand? I would be in trouble if I did that, I tend to be a splasher when I do maintenance, water on the floor, on the wall, etc. Anything within a ten foot radius is in jeopardy :X

Mogo

Yeah, it's the wifes stereo. Not plugged in yet as I refuse to have the speakers on the fish cabinet due to the vibration they cause. I have managed to spray the thing a few times but only lightly and I have started putting a towel over the expensive stuff that's anywhere near the tank during cleaning! It's more than my life's worth to break it before it's even used! Still, I doubt I'm going to hear much fuss over it. I might just tell her to do the 2.5 hours maintenance on a Friday evening if she thinks I'm doing a bad job! :p

WK

Most reactions

Back