My Guppies!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

elassoma_sailor

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I started out with 2 pairs plus another female who did not lived through when the outdoor pond was perfect for guppies to be in. And now I have about 30 guppies! They were meant to be feeders for my turtles but sometimes I do enjoy looking what will the frys will end up looking like. I keep the Guppies in a 900 gallon pond with goldfish (Tons of space and spots for the guppies to swim and hide from the big fish) in the late spring and summer and now their kept in a ten gallon until spring come back. Will give them a bigger tub for next year winter home. 
blush.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUD90CsZysA&feature=share&list=UU3r6kF33nI_O3T4RcmTCEgw

You've got some nice fish there! :)  I find it fun to selective breed and keep the best colors.  Guppies may be beginners fish, but even experts enjoy keeping them! :)

I lovr your guppies!!! But idk if i would feed them to the turtles i had x_x

Dreamer03 said:
I lovr your guppies!!! But idk if i would feed them to the turtles i had x_x
I know it sound cruelty for fish lovers...don't worry non of my prettiest guppies are given to my turtles! Mainly to colors I have so much or that were weak are the ones I feed. 
DiddleBug said:
You've got some nice fish there!
smile.png
  I find it fun to selective breed and keep the best colors.  Guppies may be beginners fish, but even experts enjoy keeping them!
smile.png
Thank you! While manly kept for turtle food, I love seeing what colors will pop out from the frys. I have a couple of nice colors that I can't never give away to my turtles. I wonder how many I will get for next year! I am planning to get a couple more females and one more male for next year to increase healthy gene pool to my guppy population.

Most reactions

Back