My guests.

Lainie

Reaction score
My guests are having a bit of a party after yesterdays shrimp feast. I am just checking. These are miniature cleaning ladies (scuds) please confirm. So i can be sure i am researching the right things. Thank you x

Can't really see anything in the picture except blurry white blobs. :) Look up some pictures of scuds and see if that's what you have. Not much really looks like scuds, so if you compare to some pics you'll know. Cool little critters, scuds. I need to find some more.

By the way, I spent some time in Peterborough way back when I was a youngster. It's a nice city with one of the prettiest cathedrals I've ever seen.

Can't really see anything in the picture except blurry white blobs. :) Look up some pictures of scuds and see if that's what you have. Not much really looks like scuds, so if you compare to some pics you'll know. Cool little critters, scuds. I need to find some more.

By the way, I spent some time in Peterborough way back when I was a youngster. It's a nice city with one of the prettiest cathedrals I've ever seen.
thank you, i tried to delete the post when i saw how rubbish the picture was, maybe an admin can do it?(please) and, keep those precious memories of peterborough, its all flats flats flats and homeless people in the town centre now :( x

The first pic is one of my scuds, and if you did an online search for “gammarus” you will find nothing but pictures of scuds, call them whatever you want. The second pic is a few of the seed shrimp. I took a little video of the seed shrimp so you could see how they move, but I probably need to post them on YouTube and then give you a link here. I’m not sure I can post a little video onto this message board. I don’t have an easy way to find and send you pics of the copepods in my tanks, but if I can find a good way to capture a picture of those and send them, I will. Just do an online search for videos about copepods in the aquarium and you’ll see what their swimming action looks like. Copepods is probably what you’ve got.

Attachments

• IMG_9150.jpeg
    IMG_9150.jpeg
    237.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9552.jpeg
    IMG_9552.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 24
@WhistlingBadger... I don't have the link but there was a live foods place that did worm cultures, & supposed to have scuds in stock most of the time...

I couldn't find the link I had, but they are even for sale on Amazon ( of course if you can't afford them after giving up that big moderator salary??? )

Last edited:
My guests are having a bit of a party after yesterdays shrimp feast. I am just checking. These are miniature cleaning ladies (scuds) please confirm. So i can be sure i am researching the right things. Thank you x
Could you make some photos so it can be more clear what it might be?

Could you make some photos so it can be more clear what it might be?
I made a video but it didnt add , so i took photo's and when i added it it was a blurred rubbish picture and i couldnt work out what it was and i was there taking the picture, i'll try again in a bit and add some x

Not sure if this is any clearer. My phone camera doesnt like the underwater pics. If they arent clear enough i will take more in the morning.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240110_212119_com.facebook.orca.jpg
    Screenshot_20240110_212119_com.facebook.orca.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 23
We'd better wait for better photos. I can't make anything out of it by the last photo posted.

Most reactions

Back