My Goldfish

Ginge

Betta Extermination Team!!!
Reaction score
So these are my goldfish.
One is a Red Cap Oranda What is the other?
I also have te fish in the same tank in my signature.
At the time my LFS was selling these small fish as coldwater but they do OK in my tank and have done for around a year.
My question is could the goldfish go in a pond somwhere like a Nehbiors pond unheated.

Attachments

• DSC00192.JPG
    DSC00192.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC00194.JPG
    DSC00194.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 70
No fancy goldfish can't be kept outside in the winter, you are overstocked for a 15gal, really you should have the fancy goldifsh in a 20gal with only them two in there, what are your water stats in ammonia,nitrite,nitrate,and ph, what filter are you using.

http://www.bristol-aquarists.org.uk/goldfish/goldfish.htm

Well I dont want to advise you on doing something with your stats or size of tank, but your fish look awesome. :thumbs:

-Arrowhead :ninja:

The second fish i tok to be a fantail as it has the classic shape of one. On a second look it seems to just have a single tail or is the angle wrong?
As Wilder has said fancy goldfish dont do well at all in british ponds through the winter and might find it hard in the summer as well as they arent as fast at getting food as the commons.
If you no longer want them then theres the buy and sell at the bottom of the board or take them back to the pet store.

Thanks for all the advice guys i do still like them its just i think i have a home for all of the little fish and need to put the goldfish somewhere. Im not sure my LFS accepts fish in just sells them. I am amazed how much these two guys have grown in a year do you think i could sell them ??? How much for they are both about 3" long and both healthy. I want to get theses fish out so i have a fry/hospital tank for my new cichlids.

Most reactions

Back