My god, I love the Chihiros WRGB 2.

Sleeveless

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
As I keep learning more about fishkeeping and aquariums in general, I came to learn my Aqueon light is not the best when it comes to plants. I know there are a ton of options and was hesitant to purchase such an expensive light like Chihiros, but man........ I got it yesterday and can't describe how nice this thing is. Definitely glad I pulled the trigger on the light. Next is CO2.

I tried to take pics, but the phone accounts for the color variance and doesn't do it justice.

do you have a link for the light unit you got, or some details about colour temperature, wattage, lumens, etc?

This is the link I bought it from

I was trying to open the site, but can't get it to open from work. I got the 120. Fits a 48" wide aquarium with or without rim.

I dislike the wrgb ii; it has no white led and it is nearly impossible to get colour balance pictures with it. Mind you the colour shift enhances the colours of the plants/fish in the aquarium but it is off putting to myself. There is a pro model that adds a white led but it is godly expensive. The fluval plant 3.0 is not bad but it has a slight yellow tint that some people dislike. I find the ai blade fairly neutral to slightly cool. All of these lights you can adjust but some are harder than others to get accurate colour balance and some will never be very balanced. The ghl light i have are pretty good but godly expensive and a pia to use but the light quality is good.

As to par i think when i measured it the wrgb ii on max was 1.5x to 2x of a plant 3.0; the ai blade is somewhere inbetween wrgb 2 and plant 3.0 and the ghl are godly powerful - i never ran any of these lights near 100% on 18 inch deep tank 'cept the plant 3.0 which i ran near 85-90%.
--
Even with co2 (which i used to do but no longer for various reasons) all of these lights 'cept the plant 3.0 are overkill on a tank less than 24 inch deep. 24 and 36 inch depth with low red plants does take a bit of umph esp if injecting co2.

I really like the color that is put out. Of course everyone is going to have their own likes/dislikes. I saw the Pro and it would be too much for my tank. Even with the white, they state its main function is for deeper aquariums. Plus, as you mention, even more expensive than the 2.

Most reactions

Back